[Mission Prologue] Commander Atehr th'Shrelon - Rabble

Jacob Rittenhouse

Jul 15, 2021, 12:08:02 PM7/15/21
to USS Thor – StarBase 118 Star Trek PBEM RPG
(( Captain's Ready Room, Deck 1, USS Nashira ))

Atehr’s antennae twitched as the pressure in the room changed ever so slightly. Someone had just entered the bridge on the other side of the door and it hopefully marked the approach the ship’s commanding officer. The Andorian had beaten his commander to her ready room and was patiently waiting while reviewing a padd containing information on the senior staff of the USS Thor. From what he could tell, the crew was overeager, naive, or reckless. Probably all three. The ship’s records read like a disaster report. Multiple injuries amongst the senior staff on what should have been benign missions, numerous prime directive violations, and consistent violations of some of even the most simple Starfleet regulations. If Atehtr could sum of his disapproval in one word, it would be; undisciplined.

At the thought, the doors to the ready room hissed open and  Commodore V’Airu walked into the small office. She didn’t immediately see him however sitting in the corner of the little office and the woman seemed lost in contemplation. Gently Atehr cleared his throat and smiled as his Commadore turned around.

V'Airu: It ought to be you. I'll eat this poor young man for breakfast.

Shrelon: No, they got it right. This is your ship. You should be the one to take the Nashira through her paces.

V'Airu: (with a sigh) Yes, I suppose so. But without both of us, well. He might have a chance. (beat) What will you do in the meantime?

Atehr stood and faced the woman he’d grown to trust beyond a doubt. A woman he’d follow through the gates of hell itself.

Shrelon: Commodore, the only way that he might win is if the crew of the Thor fail you.

He said the word crew as if there was a bad taste in his mouth. V’Airu was one of the best captain’s he’d ever served with, and together they were the epitome of a command team. He ran a tight ship. There wasn’t a misdeed that went by unnoticed nor unpunished. The resulting crew was the picture of efficiency, with Commadore V’Airu at their head.

Shrelon: As for me, well it’s been a while since I took leave, and command made it pretty clear that I wasn’t supposed to be present for the exercise.

That produced a smile in the Commadore that was really more of a smirk.

V'Airu: It's a shame I can't keep you aboard, even if you're off-duty. I'm sure these Thor officers will need a taste of discipline.

Commander Shrelon tossed the padd of the Thor’s records on the Commadore’s desk with fresh distaste.

Shrelon: By the looks of things, they all need to go back to the academy and learn it from scratch.

With a twinkle of mischief in his eye the Andoria paused and met V’Airu’s gaze.

Shrelon: But in lieu of that, you’re the next best thing to whip them into shape. You could run the ship yourself if you need to and still obiliterate the Thor in this little game.

V'Airu: Oh, I'm sure I can. It'll just be a matter of doing so and making sure they follow orders. Everything I've read about this ship of late -- well, either they're very unlucky, or they're very lucky, I can't decide which.

Shrelon: Luck has nothing to do with it. A pattern is a pattern. That crew is trouble. Imagine what we could do with a Vesta. No, their failures are all their own making.

For a time the two looked at each other, so much unsaid but not uncommmunicated. They had been together so long they no longer needed words to understand each other. Their teamwork was implicit, and they both felt the tug of sadness at being seperated, even if temporairily.

V'Airu: I'll miss you, old friend. No matter for how short a period.

Shrelon: As will I ma’am.  As will I.

End Prologue

Commander Atehr th'Shrelon

Executive Officer