Lieutenant Commander Toryn Raga - Nightmares Never Fade

閲覧: 5 回
最初の未読メッセージにスキップ

Rameses

未読、
2024/04/20 23:03:274月20日
To: sb118...@googlegroups.com

Acting Captain’s log, Stardate 240104.20.  With Captain Niac away from the ship I have been placed under temporary command and have recalled the crew from our recent shore leave to Ferenginar to resume patrols in the Alpha Isles. With the looming war with the Lattice Alliance it’s tantamount we keep a vigilant watch on as much of the area as we can.

While I’m eager to seek out whatever malevolent threat the Alliance may be brewing now, recent communications from Starfleet Intelligence have come in that are painting a worrisome picture. While we’ve been enjoying our leave, they’ve received an alarming number of reports of attacks on merchant traffic, small outposts and even space stations being attacked. All non-Federation. All left disabled or adrift and supposedly plundered of some of all of their equipment and resources.

In each instance the attacks have occurred in areas near Alliance controlled territory or following their recent movements. And at each location Federation transporter signatures have been discovered. Each reported attack lists no survivors found. As these attacks seem to be specifically isolated to non-Federation targets, an increase in anti-Federation sentiment on par or worse with the reception we received on Grus Beta Three has been cited as growing throughout the Alpha Isles. The aggressors have yet to be uncovered, which has only fueled the notion that we’re the ones raiding the region.

I don’t know if this is some elaborate Alliance scheme or something else, but I know we need to get to the peak of this particular mountain.

Surprisingly, Starfleet Command seems to share our concerns for once and has ordered us to investigate these attacks while we resume our patrols. We are currently en route to the site of the most recent known attack, against a civilian freighter. Sadly, the report is several hours old. I can only hope that any clues to the attackers true identities will still be there so we can clear the Federation’s name.

(( Bridge, Deck 3 Primary Hull, USS Ronin on patrol in the Alpha Isles ))

{{Timestamp - Several days after leaving Ferenginar and minutes away from dropping out of warp }}

Toryn sat in the center chair and stared at the viewscreen, which currently showed nothing more than the forward view of the ship. Streaks of light from the stars they passed while at warp.

His posture was rigid, more so than usual for him as if he could feel the extra weight Karrod forgot to pack before he left the ship. He had enough of his own baggage without having hand-me-downs.

They were due to drop out of warp in minutes and he couldn’t help but let out a slow exhale.

Alieth: Response

Raga: There are too many in the region who already distrust the Federation, we don’t need someone else painting a false picture of us to exacerbate it. ::He grumbled partially:: Whoever is trying to implicate us better hope I do not get my hands on them.

O’Connor: Response

Toryn looked up at their helmsman, nodded and leaned forward in his seat slightly.

Raga: Very well, mister O’Connor. Take us out of warp. ::He added:: Commander Carpenter keep an eye on those sensors in case someone’s trying to bait us.

Carpenter: Response

The Akira class dropped out of warp within a few hundred thousand meters from their destination and as the streamers of starlight slowed and settled into their ‘fixed’ positions relative to theirs the lithe starship approached a large freighter. Or what was left of it. The merchant vessel was adrift, in a lazy lateral spin on her y axis and drifted forward with whatever residual momentum she had before her engines failed.

Even from a brief view the vessel was battered, scoring from weapon hits marred the hull in several places as well as at least one hull breach. Plasma trailed behind the wreck from its port engine.

As the Ronin approached and the viewscreen changed to show the raided vessel, Toryn’s gaze darted across her hull. She’d definitely been in a fight. What bothered him was how much his ears itched as they neared the ship.

Raga: All stop, mister O’Connor. ::He sat forward and glanced at the medical station Beck was at:: Lifesigns?

Beck: Response

He clicked his tongue against his teeth in annoyance. So far, no survivors had been reported in any of the attacks. He’d hoped this one would’ve been different.

Raga: Commander, scan the ship and let me know if you detect any residual traces of a Federation transporter signal.

Alieth: Response

He rose from the big chair and moved to stand in the center of the bridge, just beside the helm and stared at the screen.

Raga: She’s taken a beating. Chief Tucker, how bad is it?

Tucker: Response

As the vessel rotated slowly on her axis a section of the hull came into view that made his heart sink slightly. A massive hole in the aft, dorsal section of the freighter’s hull. The edges of which almost looked as though they were bent inward. Then another smaller hull breach similar in nature. Then another. Toryn couldn’t help but feel an uneasy chill across his arms when he saw it, as if a ghost had just walked through him.

Raga: Any other vessels in the vicinity?

Carpenter: Response

He slowly returned to his seat but stopped mid way to address the bridge and while his face bore a smile there was a tension in his body he couldn’t explain.

Raga: Is the ship safe enough to beam an away team over to look for survivors and anything that will help us unravel who did this?

Alieth/Tucker/Carpenter/Beck: Response

Redai/Lorana/O’Connor: Response

Toryn paced slightly in the center of the bridge as he listened to his officer’s thoughts on the situation before he came to a halt near the Science station. A slight nod of his head was given before he glanced at Alieth.

Raga: Very well, Commander. I want you to beam over there with a team and see what you can find out. Survivors if any, logs, thorough scans. Best to go in a bit fuller than usual. Carpenter, Tuck, you’re with the Commander. ::He looked at each in turn, then back at Alieth:: Might as well bring Rox and Dekas with you too. Just in case anyone’s still alive over there. ::The Al-Leyan quickly added:: And your newest subordinate, Crewman Barberra could benefit from getting a firsthand look at what the Isles has to offer.

Given the damage he was certain they’d find nothing but husks, yet a Starfleet officer should always be hopeful.

Alieth/Carpenter/Tucker: Response

Toryn returned to his seat and tapped the comm panel on the arm rest.

Raga: =/\= Ensign Is’Kah. Please report to the bridge to cover the Engineering station. =/\=

Is’Kah/Redai/Beck/Lorana/O’Connor: Response

Raga: Doc, have Sickbay on standby in case we get lucky and find survivors, or need to run autopsies. I’ve got an uneasy feeling that our people are going to find a graveyard. ::He looked at Tuck:: I hope I’m wrong, but those hull breaches aren’t from any interior explosion are they?

Is’Kah/Redai/Beck/Lorana/O’Connor: Response

((Ooc: This officially kicks off the start of our next mission! I really hope you all enjoy this as you’ll get to see something from Raga’s past. There’s going to be something of a primer sent to the OOC list as well so if you haven’t already read it please take a look. I’ve put links to relevant sims and wiki pages for y’all. If you have any sims that need to be wrapped up feel free to mark them as backsims.))

Lieutenant Commander Toryn Raga

First Officer (Acting Captain)

USS Ronin - NCC-34523

Writer ID: A239410TR0