JP: Lt. Cmdr. Toryn Raga & Cmdr. Karrod Niac - For a Bit of Colored Ribbon (PT2)

Karrod Niac

Jan 6, 2024, 1:40:41 PMJan 6
to USS Ronin – StarBase 118 Star Trek PBEM RPG

((Bistro Manev, Holodeck 1, Deck 7, USS Ronin))

He applauded heartily and waited for a lull in the applause to add.

Raga: Since these are for the entire crew they will be waiting for you in your quarters.

Any:  Response

Niac:  Now to the specifics…first, I’d like Commander Raga, Lt. Kel and Ensign Tucker to join me please.

His brow raised slightly and he stepped forward since he was already up at the dais. Arms clasped behind his back casually. He knew what was coming.

Raga: Let me guess, the Most Handsome ribbon is next? ::He smirked at his compatriots::

Kel/Tucker:  Response

Niac:  Gentlemen, your rescue mission to the Sabrina’s Delight yielded vital information on the movement of Lattice Alliance fleet resources and saved multiple civilian lives.  That you accomplished this while under fire and, in the case of one of your passengers, extraordinary distraction, is commendable to the highest degree.  To that end you have all been awarded the Distinguished Service Ribbon and the Life Saving Ribbon.  Congratulations.

Toryn stepped back to grab several of the rosewood boxes from the table and handed them one at a time to the CO.

Raga: Part of the job. ::To Kel and Tuck:: And well deserved by you both.

Kel/Tucker:  Response

With the boxes handed out he set his under the table and stepped back from Karrod or was mid way through doing so.

Niac:  Just one moment, Mr. Raga.  Your command of this mission was exceptional and resulted in a real boon for our intelligence gathering efforts.  To that end in addition to the previously mentioned awards I have granted you the Captain’s Commendation.  Congratulations and keep up the good work, Number One.

He gave Karrod a warm smile and a slight tip of his head.

Raga:  Someone has to make you look good. ::He grinned, then added:: Always.

He stepped back to the table behind the lectern to be ready for the next batch of ribbons.

Niac:  Next I’d like Lt. Cmdr. Alieth, Ensign O’Conner and Ensign Lorana to step forward.

Alieth/O’Conner/Lorana:  Response

Karrod offered the group a stern look as they came up to the small stage. A look that was almost precisely mimicked by the XO’s face. Toryn would no doubt have to have a conversation with their Second Officer in the near future. Behind his expression was that ever present pride. They had accomplished something impressive regardless of the methods.

Niac:  While the circumstances of your mission…and its unexpected follow-up…were far from what regulations would consider a typical operation…I can’t help but be impressed by your ability, your resolve, or your compassion for those people who have you to thank for being back in their proper place in the timeline.  To that end all three of you have earned the Scientific Discovery Ribbon, The Innovation Ribbon and the Life Saving Ribbon.

Alieth/O’Conner/Lorana:  Response

Niac: Oh I’m not quite done with you yet.  In addition to those awards both Lt. Cmdr. Alieth and Ensign Lorana have earned themselves a Purple Heart for injuries suffered in the line of duty.  I’d ask you not to make a habit of it but something tells me that won’t help much.  Well done to both of you.

Alieth/Lorana:  Response

Niac:  Lastly, for your service in getting those people back to where and when they belong all three of you have been awarded the Defense of Temporal Flow Ribbon.  Oh and I was asked to pass along a message from Major Singh…she stated the next time one of our small craft makes its way out of the shuttlebay without her explicit permission all three of you will be pulling maintenance shifts with the bay crew.  Until you retire.  So I suggest you bear that in mind while admiring all your laurels.

Toryn chuckled at that and handed out the ribbons.

Alieth/O’Conner/Lorana:  Response

Niac:  Back to your seats before my better judgment returns.  Now, where is Lt. Cmdr. Carpenter?

Carpenter:  Response

Niac:  Front and center, Lieutenant Commander.

Carpenter:  Response

Niac:  Lieutenant Commander, your service at tactical was instrumental in keeping us one step ahead of threats that were entirely unexpected and a grave threat to the ship and her crew.  For your brilliant service I have entered a Captain’s Commendation into your service record and in addition award you the Good Conduct Ribbon.  Your service since coming aboard the Ronin has been exemplary in every respect and I look forward to more of that same steady hand in the future.  Thank you, Lieutenant Commander Carpenter.

Raga: Well done. I expect nothing less from my Tac/Sec Chief.

Niac:  Very well.  Ensigns Tucker and Lorana please return to the stage.  You two are really in trouble now.

Toryn stepped up, two rosewood boxes held behind his back, beside Karrod and gave both of them an intense stare.

Tucker/Lorana:  Response

Karrod looked hard at the two young officers as Toryn placed the small wooden box in his palm.

Niac:  One of the most important roles of a commanding officer is to steward those under him who show the promise and potential to be more.  Since coming aboard the Ronin you two have regularly demonstrated just how capable you both are, both in your duties and as Starfleet Officers.  You have earned the respect of your colleagues and the appreciation of your superiors and you’ve done so under difficult, often life threatening conditions.  You have repeatedly demonstrated that you are capable of taking on the most challenging of assignments and handling them with grace and skill.  In acknowledgement of that and your many other achievements, I promote you both to the rank of Lieutenant, Junior Grade.  Congratulations to you both.

Toryn smiled warmly at them both and joined the crew in applause.

Tucker/Lorana:  Response

Niac:  Doctor Kel, would you join me please?

Kel:  Response

Niac:  Our first mission presented unique challenges for you, both as a medical professional and as an officer.  Your unswerving dedication to the health and well being of this crew is the reason several people are here today to receive their awards.  You have repeatedly demonstrated an empathy and kindness that I find laudable yet you manage it with a commendable level of professionalism that has served you and the Ronin incredibly well.  To that end, in recognition of your years of exceptional service, I am promoting you to the rank of Lieutenant Commander with all the rights and privileges therein.  Congratulations, Lieutenant Commander Kel.

Toryn handed Karrod the rosewood box and made eye contact with the Trilldorian. A proud nod followed it.

Kel:  Response

Niac:  I’m not quite done with you, Lieutenant Commander Kel.  In addition to everything you accomplished during our last mission you handled a situation within our crew with a deftness and sensitivity that was, frankly, astonishing to behold.  You took charge when a crewman was in distress and, putting aside personal feelings, made sure that they got the care and treatment they’d need.  For that and so much more I am awarding you the Superior Service Ribbon.  You have both my sincerest congratulations and my personal thanks.

Kel:  Response

Niac:  Mr. Raga, did I miss any boxes back there?

Raga:  Nope. ::He shook his head briskly:: All that’s left is the graveyard of burnt pastries.

Niac:  Well in that case I’ve gotten between you and the food long enough.  Congratulations Ronin.  Raise a glass with me..::Karrod raised a flute he had standing by:: to the crew of the Ronin!

((OOC:  You folks are welcome to mingle in the Bistro and celebrate as long as you’d like but this is your official signal that shoreleave is coming to a close so start wrapping up your scenes because we’re going to get our second mission going soon!))

Stepping off the dias and gladly accepting another drink Karrod smiled towards his First Officer and nodded towards the buzzing crew.

Toryn took up a glass of chilled Al-Leyan spiced tea and sipped from it as the CO approached him.

Niac:  What’d you think?

Raga:  I think someone’s been moonlighting as a morale officer.

Niac:  Look ok, a guy reads one book by Neelix and all of a sudden…

Karrod’s laugh was interrupted by a chirp.

Nicolau:  =/\= Bridge to Captain =/\=

Karrod felt his beard itching as he went to tap his comm badge.

Niac:  =/\= Niac here, go ahead Ensign.  =/\=

Nicolau:  =/\= Sorry to interrupt the festivities sir but we just received priority orders from Starfleet Command.  They’re standing by in your ready room. =/\=

Karrod downed the rest of his drink with a grimace and tugged at his dress uniform jacket.

Niac:  =/\= Understood, I’m on my way.  Niac out. =/\=

His brow raised slightly at Karrod.

Raga:  Shall I have them report to their stations?

Niac:  No…let them celebrate a while longer.  They’ve earned it.  Honestly, they’ve more than earned it.

He couldn’t help but nod vehemently at that. This crew was exceptional. They were going to give his previous crew a hell of a run for their latinum.

Raga:  That they have. I’ll make sure to save you some blueberry hypotenuses.

Smiling as he made his way towards the arch, Karrod turned and allowed himself a final look at the gathered crew celebrating all they’d accomplished.  So much had changed for him when he took command of the Ronin but a moment like this made all of it, all the challenges and the difficult decisions, worthwhile.

(( Raga is sticking around to mingle, so tag away if you want! ))

Tags/End for Niac!

================================

Lieutenant Commander Toryn Raga

First Officer