Cmdr. Karrod Niac - Interspecies Harassment Workshop

Karrod Niac

Oct 21, 2023, 1:01:01 AM10/21/23
to USS Ronin – StarBase 118 Star Trek PBEM RPG
((Several Repaired Ribs Later, Captain's Ready Room, Deck 3, USS Ronin))

Glancing at the compass he'd been gifted by Captain Shayne as his office filled with the people he'd summoned, Karrod briefly wondered how the Arrow was faring and hoped that at the very least, their situation was less outright dangerous then the one that now confronted the Ronin.  He turned as the last person filed in and found a seat while the doors to the Bridge hissed closed.  It had been nearly six hours since their run-in with the Tholian scout and after his forced convalescence in Sickbay Karrod was determined not to waste any more of their precious time.  Activating a holo-display behind the desk Karrod brought up what little information they had on the Olidra system.

Niac:  As you may have heard by now we have a plan for tackling our original mission, which was to perform reconnaissance of the Olidra system and see exactly what the Sheliak were up to.  The discovery of Tholian involvement makes that mission even more urgent and necessary as far as I'm concerned.  So, we're going to complete our mission...just not quite the way Starfleet would've intended.

Karrod tapped at the controls and the holo-display changed, indicating a point in deep space outside and well above the elliptical plane of the Olidra system.

Niac:  As soon as Commander Raga's rescue team departs for the freighter, we will take the Ronin to this point in space and drop of Commander Alieth's team aboard a runabout.  From that point we'll backtrack and then approach the system from a completely different vector, at which point we'll...well, I don't suppose anyone knows any really good insults about Tholians or the Sheliak?

Dekas/Carpenter/Corelli:  Response

Karrod chucked and made a mental note.

Niac:  I may just use that, thank you.  We'll approach the system from this point ::He gestured towards the holodisplay:: and challenge whatever perimeter security we find there as loudly as possible.  Our goal is to create a big enough distraction to allow our team on the runabout to slip in, take detailed sensor readings and slip out before anyone realizes they were there.  Everything goes well the Ronin will rendezvous with them at this point before picking up Commander Raga's team and getting the hell out of this area.  Questions?

Dekas/Carpenter/Corelli:  Response

Niac:  To be clear, our intention is not to get into a full-scale firefight.  Chief Corelli has made it abundantly clear that we're pushing the ship dangerously hard, so my intent is a series of harassing engagements.  Once we've made contact and draw the attention of the defenders, we lead them on a chase around the perimeter of the system, never stopping in one place long enough to get pinned down.  Think the ship is up for that, Chief Corelli?  How about you, Major Carpenter...think our tactical systems can handle the workout?

Dekas/Carpenter/Corelli:  Response

Tags/TBC!

Commander Karrod Niac
Commanding Officer