Lt Aine Sherlock - Secrets, Secrets

Aine Sherlock

Nov 17, 2021, 12:05:38 PM11/17/21
to sb118-re...@googlegroups.com
((Promenade, DS224, The Borderlands))

The Promenade was it's normal busy self. There was a new memorial erected by the shopkeepers union, so they'd heard. And there were the occasional nods and stares from patrons who'd obviously heard about what had happened to the Resolution and her crew.

Sherlock: Any word on where we're going?

The counselor shrugged lightly. Aine knew the sentiment well. There were a plethora of ships at the station and who knew if even one of those is where they'd end up. There was even an antique, the Drake. A part of her hoped that'd be their destination. The hardy old standby of Starfleet, the Miranda Class.

Sirin: I haven’t heard anything. Have you?

Sherlock: I'm assuming they're not splitting us up, Iljor was made a Chief and you can't make someone a Chief if you don't have a department under your command.

Sirin: That is true. Have you spoken to your family?

Sherlock: Briefly. I actually told my mother what happened. She wasn't exactly happy, but she understood. And you?

Aine raised an eyebrow at her friend. She pretty much knew the answer.

Sirin: I have not, except my cousin. She was most annoyed with me for getting stabbed. ::grinned: But she sent me some chocolate, so I think I came out ahead in this situation.

Sherlock: Nice of her. Good job on the group session, by the way. I think it helped. I know, for me, it did. Maybe something that can continue?

Sirin: It does seem that if we survived, it would be wrong of us not to aid others where needed. I intend to ask if the new Counseling area can be used to have self help courses and perhaps peer counseling. Who better to talk things out with after a tragedy than one who has also survived? I think Hallia would be someone I’d trust to start such a program - when she has time, of course.

Hallia was a good choice. The woman was perpetually enthusiastic. And from everything Aine had seen, her care for her crew was evident in everything from her science experiments to her quick acting during the hostage situation.

Sherlock: That sounds like a great idea.

The pair walked in silence for a bit. There didn't seem much new to talk about, almost.

Sherlock: What do you think of that new guy? Ensign Dakora.

Sirin: response

Sherlock: He seems nice enough. But, he is Starfleet Intelligence. And we've seen first hand how secrets can hurt more than they help.

Sirin: response

Sherlock: I'm not saying I don't trust him, but ::beat:: I feel he's going to need to prove himself to the rest of the crew. So he can either choose the route of "the keeper" or "the giver." One will endear him to us, the other will endear him to Starfleet.

Sirin: response

tag/TBC

Lieutenant Aine Sherlock
Chief of Security