Fleet Captain Kalianna Nicholotti - Recognition, Well Deserved

Marissa Jeffrey

Feb 23, 2021, 8:31:15 PM2/23/21
to Resolution Sim Group

((Dining Hall, Ambassadorial Residence – Vulcan))

It brought her joy to see the crew gathered together and seemingly enjoying a meal. She wasn’t sure what had led to the invitation from T’Suran, but it was very, very welcome. Kali would make it a point to express her gratitude after the night was over, as one ambassador to another. For now, she simply entered the room and allowed her crystalline blues to wash over the group. It only took a second for her helmsman to notice her presence, and in that second, he was on his feet.

Yalu: Captain.

Kali shot a welcome smile to the man.

Nicholotti: Lieutenant.

MacKenzie: Response.

The buzz of the room took on a new level in that moment as others stood, the least of which was not her CMO, who came rushing over as any good medical officer would. At least she would have, given the opportunity to have been placed in a similar situation.

Adea: You’re awake, and… out of your room. Are you okay?

Kali allowed the fuss and the check, knowing full well that seeing her out and moving around was probably not at the top of anyone list of expectations that day.

Nicholotti: I am. And I can promise I am here permissibly, however temporarily.

MacKenzie: Response.

Adea: ::smiling broadly:: It doesn’t hurt to check, I’m very glad to see you.

Nicholotti: And I you. ::Looking to the others.:: All of you.

MacKenzie: Response.

Murmurs coalesced around her and the small group that had formed, and to be fair, she couldn’t help but want to bottle up that feeling and that moment and keep it tucked away until they all met again. Though the crew did not yet know it, they would remain apart for a bit longer, though she hoped that perhaps they would not forget her.

Laughing at her own inner thoughts, she shook her head and addressed those nearby.

Nicholotti: They will hunt me down if I don’t return in a reasonable amount of time though, so if you would assist, I’d like to thank the crew for their hard work.

She looked to her staff knowing that they would understand her words and what she needed.

MacKenzie/Adea: Response.

With another nod, she moved slightly so that the group could see her.

Nicholotti: I know no one expected to see me here tonight, but you’ll find out if you have not already, that I am full of surprises. Maybe that is where you all get that.

Kali grinned, gesturing towards everyone at the table.

Nicholotti: Though I wasn’t there to see it, I want you each to know that I did read about it thanks to our XO, and I couldn’t be more proud of the actions each of you contributed towards the success of our exfiltration and escape from the future.

Her grin grew slightly and one of her eyebrows raised towards the roof.

Nicholotti: Perhaps one day they will make a movie out of it.

Any: Response?

As the response to her humor died down, Kali gestured for the staff to stand near.

Nicholotti: My time with you right now is short, as there are yet tests to run and pass before I will be allowed to escape completely, but I felt it important to make certain you were all recognized for the efforts that brought us, and countless others, home. I know it is a bit crowded here, so instead of coming to me, I will ask that our XO and second officer disperse the awards as each of you are called.

Adea/Mackenzie: Responses?

Satisfied with the reactions and waiting until they were prepared, Kali began.

Nicholotti: First, for those who inevitably aided in the discovery of a new planet and the race that lived there, I award the following with the Explorer’s Ribbon. Lieutenant Commander Mackenzie, Lieutenant Commander Adea, Ensign Sherlock, Lieutenant JG Macnemar, Lieutenant JG Yalu, Lieutenant JG Sirin, Lieutenant Commander Romjin, Ensign T’Suran, Lieutenant Commander Ilsam, and Lieutenant JG Delri’ise. Thank you all for the dedication you showed during this discovery.

Any: Response?

Kali waited as the ribbons were handed out around the table. She then moved on.

Nicholotti: Inevitably, what goes hand in hand with discovery is contact with the life forms that reside on the planet in question. While discovered to be less savory characters, the event was still a first contact situation for us and as far as we know, for the Federation. To that end, I award the following with the First Contact Ribbon. Lieutenant Commander Mackenzie, Lieutenant Commander Adea, Ensign Sherlock, Lieutenant JG Macnemar, Lieutenant JG Yalu, Lieutenant JG Sirin, Lieutenant Commander Romjin, Ensign T’Suran, Lieutenant Commander Ilsam, and Lieutenant JG Delri’ise.

Any: Response?

Once again, as the ribbons were handed out and things died down, she continued.

Nicholotti: There are those out there to whom we owe more than can be repaid. In the process of carrying out their duties, these officers go above and beyond and deliver the gifts of life to those who would otherwise have gone without. As one of the recipients of such a gift, I can say that there is no greater love one can receive than to be able to live because of the skill, sacrifice, and care of another. Thus, to Ensign T’Suran and Lieutenant JG Sirin, I hereby award the Silver Lifesaving ribbons for conspicuous actions that saved the life of a member of Starfleet.

T’Suran/Sirin: Responses?

Then Kali turned towards her own CMO.

Nicholotti: And to Lieutenant Commander Adea, I hereby award the Gold Lifesaving Ribbon, for putting your life at risk in order to save another.

This time it was Kali who handed the ribbon over, her crystalline blue eyes locking with his inky black for a long moment. Finally, she broke the connection and turned back to the crowd.

Adea/Any: Response?

Nicholotti: And finally, I will ask that Ensign Sherlock join me here for a moment.

Waiting for her to step up there, Kali took the half pip from Mackenzie and stepped in front of the young woman.

Nicholotti: Ensign, though you have not served long, you have shown yourself to be a veritable force of nature. It will be officers like you who lead Starfleet into the future. For your actions and dedication that you’ve continued to show again and again, I hereby promote you to the rank of Lieutenant JG, with all rights and privileges therein.

Sherlock: Response?

Any: Response?

TAG/TBC

--