[Backsim] Cross ship JP - Lt Meidra Sirin & Lt Ikaia Wong - Hungover on Vulcan, Part 5

Meidra Sirin

Sep 22, 2021, 12:00:07 PM9/22/21
to USS Resolution – StarBase 118 Star Trek PBEM RPG

((Meanwhile in the Cantina's bathroom.))

Ikaia glanced around him as he sought out a stall. No one was here so far. So he had some options. He entered the cleanest one he could find and shut the door. He perched on top of the toilet seat like a gargoyle as he pulled out his PADD to start trying to get into the network those cameras were on.

oO Why does she keep thinking I'm going to puke after exactly one time? Maybe I REALLY don't feel 100%. But I just don't feel queasy enough to…..Oo

His stomachs gurgled at him angrily. Ikaia groaned at the sensation. It felt like a stomach ache to him.

oO Ohhh…. That doesn't feel too good. Spoke too soon. This is so stupid. Medical Officers shouldn't get sick. Yet here I am. Oo

There was a thought at the back of his mind. Maybe there was some validity to Sirin suggesting he may have been poisoned? He was about to dwell on this more when he finally got into the camera's network. He started copying last night's files to his PADD.

oO I'm in. Time to grab those files and cover my tracks. Make it look like I was never here….Oo

He was tapping away on his PADD when he heard someone enter. He could hear the footsteps stop in front of his stall. There was a knock at the door.

Wong: Occupied!

The footsteps moved on. He looked back down at his PADD and kept working. He had the files he needed. He was just deleting all traces of him ever having been in the system in the first place.

oO This should cover our tracks. No one should be none the wiser. I hope Meidra's doing okay. Oo

He had just finished his mission when a wave of dizziness hit him. Ikaia tried his best to keep his balance when he felt his footing slip. Ikaia YELPED as he tried to keep his feet out of the toilet when he fell forward into the stall door. This did not break his fall! Instead, it was sheared clean off its hinges, causing him and the door to cascade down in a loud crash!

He glanced around in a daze for a moment or two when he heard a voice from one of the stalls asking if he was okay. He shook himself off as he looked at the sorry dented state of the door.

Wong: Uhhh…. Everything is okay?

He frantically put his PADD away and picked up the door. He was trying to fit it back into place. But nothing was fixing this. He decided to set it down before trying to figure out his escape. He settled on casually washing his hands and walking out of the bathroom as if nothing ever happened.

((Back in the Cantina))

Ikaia stumbled out of the bathroom and made his way back to Sirin and now Haadok.

Wong: Ah hello! Did I miss anything?

Sirin: Nothing of consequence.

Ikaia glanced at the brandy Sirin seemed to be drinking straight from the bottle. Maybe the hair of dog trick worked for her. But he couldn't even THINK of drinking right now. Just the thought of it was enough to unsettle his stomachs.

Wong: Our friend here is driving you around the bend, isn't he?

Sirin: He’s quite adamant in his recollection of last night’s events.

She calmly took a drink from her bottle, sighing in contentment. She may yet get to punch this smarmy male with the stupid name.

Haadok: We were just discussing your case.

Sirin: ::to Haadok:: You were being deliberately obtuse.

Wong: Er wow. Okay. Ah… anyways, Mister Haadok, when would you say that we interacted last night?

Haadok: 9pm. Local time. Or perhaps 2100 hours as Starfleet would put it.

Ikaia nodded as he took a seat next to Sirin. He pulled out his PADD for her to look at.

Wong: Can you give us a moment?

Haadok: Certainly.

Ikaia went to look for the footage in question, Meidra keeping an eye on Haadok.

Wong: Has he told you anything else while I was gone?

Sirin: ::in a low tone, never taking her eyes off the other Vulcan:: Just that you are a violent psychopath who will lead me astray. ::sighs:: Sadly, he is quite mistaken, you couldn’t get into a proper fight if you tried.

Wong: Somehow, I don't think Starfleet would be keen on allowing that into their ranks.

Sirin: You’d be surprised.

He pulled up last night's footage, Meidra glancing down to see what had actually happened the night before.

Sirin: What are we looking at?

Wong: It’s last night’s footage. Hopefully, there’s something in here that will clear my name….

Ikaia could see himself wandering around the cantina with a bottle in hand completely drunk out of his mind. His wobbly zig zagging gaite ended up with him bumping into Haadok.

Wong: Is he REALLY counting THAT as assault? I don't think I could even have walked a straight line let alone hurt anyone.

Sirin: You still can’t.

Wong: ::Deadpan:: Hilarious.

The video continued on. Ikaia could see himself stopping to talk to Haadok although without sound, he couldn't tell what was being said. However, it wasn't long until he saw Haadok reach out to try to nerve pinch him. Ikaia could see the look of fear cross his face.

Wong: He assaulted me. I wasn't even fighting back….

Meidra watched in curiosity, head tilted to the side. It was somewhat entertaining to witness the poor attempt at a nerve pinch. Not that she was much better.

Sirin: Fascinating. His posture is completely incorrect, but his enthusiasm seems to make up for it.

Ikaia saw himself pull away from Haadok's grip only to be picked up and carried outside. Another cut in the footage from outside the Cantina revealed Ikaia being thrown into the well. He finally looked back at Sirin. Ikaia looked really uncomfortable. He was feeling upset, shaken, and chilled at what he saw.

Wong: ….. He's trying to sabotage my career. Everything. Everything I've worked so hard on. All those sleepless nights spent studying. All those times I helped out on missions. Everything. And I could have drowned in that well last night…. That pointy-eared cretin!

Sirin: We will end this now.

Wong: Agreed.

He finally looked back at Haadok as he made his way over to him.

Wong: Mister Haadok. It has come to our attention that you may not be entirely forthright with us.

Sirin: ::losing patience:: You attacked a helpless drunk.

Haadok: That is not possible. I do not lie.

Sirin: But you do try to attack people who are not sober enough to defend themselves.

Her fingers twitched, a sure sign she was going to nerve pinch someone soon.

Wong: You tried to nerve pinch me and when that didn’t work, you picked me up and threw me into the well last night. Had I not made it out, I would have drowned. I hardly call that self defense.

Haadok: You attacked me, Wong.

Wong: No. You attacked me under the idea that you can get some form of petty revenge by sabotaging my career in Starfleet. And you did it while I was at my MOST vulnerable.

Sirin: You are illogical in your defense. It is beneath any Vulcan to hide behind half truths.

Wong: I do believe that’s a crime which we have evidence for.

Haadok narrowed his gaze at the other Vulcan and her friend.

Haadok: What evidence?

Sirin: ::gulps brandy, slamming the bottle on the table:: You have shifty eyes. It screams your guilt.

Wong: We also have a video which shows that I never attacked you. At worst, I drunkenly bumped into you. But I absolutely was NOT able to walk a straight line then due to me being entirely sloshed. I think if this video ever made it to court, I don’t think your case against me would survive. In fact, I’d have a much stronger case against you.

Sirin: And I know of a cutthroat Andorian attorney who would eat you for breakfast.

Haadok froze. He had been caught. If that video surfaced during court, his credibility would be done for. Haadok pushed himself up from his seat and sat the cup of tea he had been drinking back down.

Haadok: How unfortunate. Then I suppose I do not have much of a choice in the matter and that I must withdraw my case.

Sirin: Logical.

Wong: Good. I suggest you do that now, Mister Haadok. ::Glances over at Sirin.:: I’m satisfied if you are.

Meidra shrugged, then had an idea.

Sirin: Can we throw him in the well now?

Wong: No. I don’t think we should stoop to his level. Considering his level is that of the sand we’re walking on.

Sirin: Your maturity is quite annoying.

Haadok’s expression was subtle but it was there. A certain Vulcan-styled irritation. Perhaps he didn’t achieve justice for his brother today. But he will get it one day.

Haadok: Consider yourself lucky, Wong.

And with that, the large Vulcan left the cantina. Ikaia glanced over at Sirin.

Wong: Thanks for all your help.

Sirin: I still think he should have kissed the bottom of that well.

Wong: I think I’m ready to leave this place. I feel like if we stay for too much longer, Haadok will come up with another revenge scheme against us.

Meidra’s grin was quite chilling as she stared at the door Haadok had just walked through.

Sirin: If he did, you would not be able to prevent his fate.

TBC

Lt Meidra Sirin
Counseling Officer
USS Resolution