Lt Meidra Sirin - Helping others, helps ourselves

Meidra Sirin

Nov 16, 2021, 12:41:51 AM11/16/21
to USS Resolution – StarBase 118 Star Trek PBEM RPG

((Promenade, DS224, The Borderlands))

The two friends wandered the Promenade, people watching and just enjoying each other's company. It felt as though the station had been waiting for them to return, the feelings of comfort Meidra felt was like a warm hug.

Sherlock: Any word on where we're going?

The counselor shrugged lightly.

Sirin: I haven’t heard anything. Have you?

Sherlock: I'm assuming they're not splitting us up, Iljor was made a Chief and you can't make someone a Chief if you don't have a department under your command.

Sirin: That is true. Have you spoken to your family?

Sherlock: response

Meidra refrained from rolling her eyes. She was sure that Lenore Sirin was fully aware of her daughter’s circumstances. The woman had spies everywhere. Still, she should send her a note or something. Eventually.

Sirin: I have not, except my cousin. She was most annoyed with me for getting stabbed. ::grinned: But she sent me some chocolate, so I think I came out ahead in this situation.

Sherlock: response

Meidra thought about the people who had been lost and was grateful for all those who had survived. She’d begun to think that she hadn’t helped out much in the aftermath, but had now come to realize after speaking with Dwich that she had been helpful. She had let go of her misplaced guilt and had a much better attitude.

Sirin: It does seem that if we survived, it would be wrong of us not to aid others where needed. I intend to ask if the new Counseling area can be used to have self help courses and perhaps peer counseling. Who better to talk things out with after a tragedy than one who has also survived? I think Hallia would be someone I’d trust to start such a program - when she has time, of course.

Sherlock: response

Meidra took a deep breath and nodded. There were many ways that they could help their family bond and grow once they were onboard their new ship.

Tags/TBC

Lt Meidra Sirin

Counseling Officer

USS Resolution