JP LtCmdr MacKenzie and Flt Captain Nicholotti - Awarding the Crew

Visto 14 veces
Saltar al primer mensaje no leído

Marissa Jeffrey

no leída,
23 sept 2020, 17:38:3823/9/20
a Resolution Sim Group

((Holodeck 12, Starbase 118))

As the food was finished and the sun began to set, casting fiery reds and oranges off in all directions through the sky, Kali moved towards the top of the hill that allowed her a slight advantage in elevation compared to the rest of the crew. She motioned slightly for the first officer to join her, hoping that the rest of the crew would notice and fall into a group across the sand from them. Much to their credit, they did indeed gather, with some still munching on the food and others starting to quiet in anticipation of what she was about to say.

Once things were quiet enough, Kali stood a bit taller, cleared her throat, and began to speak.

Nicholotti: I hope everyone has enjoyed our gathering here, courtesy of our very own Commander MacKenzie and her creativity.

Kali gestured next to her and allowed a moment of recognition. She waited until it was quiet again to continue.

Nicholotti: A part of this is also to take a moment and recognize those who went above and beyond throughout our first mission out of the gate. We didn’t expect to go out and find a previously lost ship, or an entity on board that we had never encountered before. The past couple of weeks has not been easy by any account, but each of you has shown just how much you belong out there, exploring, discovering, and reaching further into the stars.

MacKenzie: I couldn’t agree more. Some of you transferred from other ships, some of you were straight out of the Academy… but none of us really had time to get to know one another before we were quite literally thrown into the fire. You all performed admirably, and it’s very clear that you are among the best Starfleet has to offer.

With a nod of agreement, Kali started with the awards. This was one of the best parts of her job, and even here on the beach, in her Marine t-shirt and jean shorts, with the beach wind whipping her long black hair around her, she couldn’t help but reap the joy in being able to truly thank her officers for all they did. Just before she began to speak, she handed a box over to her XO containing all of the forthcoming awards.

Nicholotti: First, to all of those who shared in the maiden voyage of the USS Resolution, you have my thanks and the recognition of Starfleet through the actions required to launch a starship successfully. While the Resolution is not new, relaunching a ship takes just as much resolve and hard work as if she were. Therefore, I am proud to reward the following with the Maiden Voyage ribbon; Fleet Captain Kali Nicholotti, Lieutenant Commander Addison MacKenzie, Lieutenant David Knight, Ensign Yogan Yalu, Ensign Aeson Del, Lieutenant JG Kudon, Lieutenant JG Jamie MacNemar, Ensign Shara zh'Vranni, Ensign Mirkl Zanti, Lieutenant Commander Genkos Adea, Ensign T'Suran, Ensign Meidra Sirin, and Lieutenant Commander Devon Romjin.

Addison nodded to each of the officers as they came up to receive their awards. She thought back to her brief stint on the USS Diligent - trying to get any ship up and running was far from an easy task, but fortunately, this time Starfleet gave her a ship that was more functional than the Diligent prototype.

MacKenzie: Congratulations to everyone!

As each of the officers came to receive their ribbon, Kali offered nods and smiles. With a lack of uniforms, there would be a lack of actual pinning, but that didn’t make the awards any less impressive.

Nicholotti: Our mission, though unexpected, was completed entirely without a single shot fired. Now that part was far from easy to handle, especially since the Resolution was being shot at nearly the entire time. It took a good amount of work to solve the puzzle we were presented, and to do so without resorting to the ‘easy way out’ deserves recognition. To that end, I hereby present the Peacekeeper Service Ribbon to the following officers. Fleet Captain Kali Nicholotti, Lieutenant Commander Addison MacKenzie, Ensign Yogan Yalu, Ensign Aeson Del, Lieutenant JG Kudon, Lieutenant JG Jamie MacNemar, Ensign Shara zh'Vranni, Ensign Mirkl Zanti, Lieutenant Commander Genkos Adea, Ensign T'Suran, Ensign Meidra Sirin, and Lieutenant Commander Devon Romjin.

MacKenzie: Keeping cool under pressure is far from easy, but your level-headed actions led not only to the preservation of life on the Resolution, but also got answers for so many families as we were finally able to retrieve the crew of the Unity. Without your hard work, the outcome likely would have been much different.

Again, Kali offered individual congratulations to each of her officers as they passed by and retrieved their ribbon from the first officer. Next, she would focus on more individual and small group awards. With a smile, she looked out into the small crowd and waited for it to settle again.

Nicholotti: We were quite fortunate to be joined by five new Academy graduates during our first assignment into the Borderlands. As graduates and full members of the Resolution crew, it is my pleasure to award each of you with the Starfleet Academy Graduation Ribbon. Ensign Aeson Del, Ensign Shara zh’Vranni, Ensign T’Suran, Ensign Mirkl Zanti, Ensign Meidra Sirin.

Waiting for a moment for each to arrive, Kali addressed them specifically.

Nicholotti: Each of you brings to the crew something unique and important. We are stronger because you are part of the whole. It is my duty to help guide you and lead you on a path that may one day lead you to stand where I am. I am honored that I have this opportunity. Congratulations to each of you on your graduation and your first trial by fire among the stars.

MacKenzie: Nothing like hitting the ground running, eh?

She smiled and winked at them as they received their ribbons.

Del/zh’Vranni/T’Suran/Zantl/Sirin: Responses?

Nicholotti: I very much look forward to walking this path with you.

That was as much as could be considered a dismissal. Kali smiled at her XO as they returned to the crowd.

Nicholotti: Danger is something we inherently face each time we step out of our comfort zones. The reward for moving into the unknown can be well worth it, but that never negates the fact that we put our lives on the line in the course of our duties as a Starfleet Officer than in almost any other profession. Even so, some officers go above and beyond that, showing incredible courage in the face of terrifying circumstance. Lieutenant MacNemar is one such officer, who, without regard to her own safety, tackled an incredibly dangerous task which could have easily resulted in her death. That didn’t dissuade her from the task.

Kali motioned for the junior officer to join her and the XO on the elevation.

Nicholotti: For this, I am pleased to award you with the Good Conduct Ribbon.

Addison smiled and nodded at Jamie as she handed out the ribbon.

MacKenzie: Congratulations, Lieutenant.

MacNemar: Response?

Nicholotti: Congratulations!

Finally, she was drawing near the end of her list. She stood and looked out into the group once more, taking in the scene against the backdrop of the ocean and the nearly setting sun. Twilight was taking over now, sending shades of violet and cerulean out through the sky.

Nicholotti: So many awards and commendations are presented in light of a battle or fight against an enemy of the Federation, with peace often finding itself both rare, and rare to reward. It took a lot to reach deep and work to connect with the entity that had taken over the Unity. Around each turn, we could have simply destroyed the ship and followed orders that would keep it out of the hands of any who were not the Federation. Instead, we worked towards a better solution. Ensigns Del and Sirin, would you join me please?

Another short wait as the officers approached allowed a short silence to settle, but it did not last very long.

Nicholotti: It is with great pleasure that I award you each with the Captain’s Commendation and thank you for your hard work in connecting with the entity and guiding us to the ending we witnessed.

Addison offered them a slight smirk. She remembered what it was like to be in their shoes - at the beginning of their careers, finding themselves in an entirely new setting, just trying to hang on and make it through each catastrophe. She looked forward to watching both of them grow into seasoned officers.

MacKenzie: Nice going, Ensigns.

Del/Sirin: Responses?

Kali nodded at them and offered a thankful smile as they took their ribbons and returned to the group. Even the cerulean was fading from the sky now as she returned to addressing the whole group in front of her.

Nicholotti: With that, our ceremony is complete. I thank you all for coming and joining in the meet and greet here and I hope to enjoy many more in the future with you all. Feel free to stay as long as you wish. I believe there will be some bonfires lit here shortly.

Any: Response?

TAG/TBC

--

Fleet Captain Kalianna Nicholotti
Commanding Officer

And

---

Lieutenant Commander Addison MacKenzie, M.D., Ph.D., FASFS
First Officer
USS Resolution

V239601AM0

Responder a todos