Commander Addison MacKenzie - A Discussion of Consequences

Addison MacKenzie

Nov 15, 2021, 8:57:28 AM11/15/21
to sb118-re...@googlegroups.com

 (( Captain's Office, Command Center, Deep Space 224 ))

Addison had chosen to spend the short jaunt on the Columbia in solitude. Starfleet Medical was sending more research her way, which as a good sign… perhaps the stain of the Resolution’s destruction hadn’t been laid on her doorstep quite the way she’d figured. Still, the funnel of research coming her way was a sign that there may still be a place for her in the fleet if it was decided that her serving on a starship was no longer in anyone’s best interest…

And yet, the trio of the Resolution’s former command staff found themselves gathered in the command center of D.S. 224 – a sign that things may not be as far from normal as she might have feared.

Addison sat in a chair with the newly minted Commander Adea standing next to her, while Kali stood leaning against the side of Rainier’s desk. She kept eying Genkos occasionally, pondering as to the sudden dependence on his cane, and the return of his limp… Perhaps he needed to spend some time with Meidra – surely there was nothing wrong with the limb she’d built for him…

Kali passed them both a PADD. The former first officer of the Resolution quickly scanned through its contents, already familiar with the findings – she’d spent far too much of her time combing through the document.

Nicholotti: The results of the investigation, which I'm sure you've already seen.

MacKenzie: At length…

Genkos nodded as he shared a glance with Nicholotti. Ultimately, the destruction of the Resolution wasn’t Vitor’s fault, but there were several other reasons with which to be concerned… It wasn’t long before the raven-haired CO’s gaze fell on Addison.

Nicholotti: What are your thoughts?

Addison tossed the PADD on Rainier’s desk, sat back in the chair and folded her arms.

MacKenzie: Was the destruction of the ship his fault? No, I really don’t think so. Does the man have some serious issues he needs to work out? Yes. Do his actions here make me distrust him as an officer? Also yes.

Adea: Agreed. The Resolution’s destruction can’t be laid at Vitor’s door, but even so, there was no need for him to bite Wyke. It was a savage attack.

Nicholotti: He needs to realize a few things. ::She paused a moment.:: Why do you really think he did it?

MacKenzie: Temporary insanity? A response to a physical and emotional threat so primal that any sense of training he had went out the window? I can’t fathom… And I’ve been through a lot.

Adea: Only he can answer that, and from what I hear, I don’t think he even knows.

MacKenzie: Well that certainly doesn’t bring me any comfort. What’s to stop it from happening again? I certainly don’t want to be left alone with the guy.

Nicholotti: Response

Genkos crossed his hands across his body, his cane taking centre stage of his body. Addison looked up at him as the Betazoid spoke.

Adea: So what do we do? Someone should talk to him. ::he looked over at Addison:: Would you like that, um, pleasure?

Addison pretended to pick up a PADD and scroll through it, her eyes squinting as she mimicked scrolling through with her finger, her eyes lighting up in mock amazement when she found the appropriate passage. Then, the look suddenly disappeared from her face.

MacKenzie: Yes, I do believe this falls under the duties and expectations of the ship’s first officer. As far as I know, that would still be me.

Nicholotti: Response

One corner of Addison’s mouth pulled back slightly.

MacKenzie: So, what kind of disciplinary action are we talking about here?

Nicholotti/Adea: Responses

Addison nodded.

MacKenzie: And what kind of expectations do you want me to make sure I lay out for him going forward?

Nicholotti/Adea: Responses

Tag, and TBC!

---

Commander Addison MacKenzie, M.D., Ph.D., FASFS
First Officer
USS Resolution

V239601AM0