Lt. J. G. Silveira: Charmers are the worst.

btv.abreu

Sep 23, 2021, 8:48:08 AMSep 23
to USS Resolution – StarBase 118 Star Trek PBEM RPG
((USS Resolution, deck 3, Transporter Room))

Vitor was part of the welcoming party. Their guest was Doctor Rackham, leader of the Rinascita Research station.

Adea: Dr Rackham, welcome to the Resolution. This is Lieutenants Matu and Silveira, and Ensign Anders. I am Lieutenant Commander Adea.

Rackham: Thank you, Commander. It’s a joy to be here.

Rackham: Lieutenants, Ensign — I hope you’re here to watch me at all times, in case I manage to sneak some of your equipment back with me under my arm.

Matu/Anders: Response

Vitor smiled and bowed slightly.

Silveira: A pleasure to meet you Doctor.

The visitor replied to his bow in kind.

Rackham: The pleasure is all mine, Lieutenant. Dashing beard, by the way. ::He combed his fingers through his own.:: I’ve been growing the old one out myself. Find it keeps the chill off the chin when the air conditioning isn’t working right.

Vitor just tilted his head. It looked like the Res had won a charming visitor.

Adea: So, how can we help?

Vitor kept smiling but he looked up at the man, trying to see what his body language could transpire. The nagging feeling in the back of his mind, that something was wrong, didn’t dissipate.

But for now they would have to play the welcoming game.

Rackham: Straight to business. ::He grinned, flicking his hair with a tilt of his head.:: I can appreciate an officer who delves right in. It’s why I went into the science field, myself. Cut right to the chase like a laser scalpel, am I right?

He winked at Vitor, who managed to avoid any reaction, before returning his attention to Captain Adea, clasping his hands in the small of his back.

Silveira: And that is why we are here.

Adea/Matu/Anders: Response

Rackham: Believe me, it’s racked our brains as well. We’ve had more problems over than I care to bore you with, but the crux of it is we’ve had some serious issues with powering our equipment lately. For the life of our magic operations staff down in engineering, they can’t figure out what’s going on, but it’s putting a damper on our research processing power, not to mention playing havoc with our communications.

Vitor raised an eyebrow, but he stood silently now, letting the others speak their minds

Adea/Matu/Anders: Response

Rackham: I was hoping we could discuss sharing the use of your science facilities while your engineers look at our power regulators. It shouldn’t take long, barely a day or so, but it will get us over the last hill in our molecular moisture reclamation research and make my scientists thrilled. Your Nova-class is like a larking colt in an autumn meadow compared to Rinascita.

He shrugged a shoulder up with a wide smile and a heroic eyebrow tilt.
Vitor kept his friendly stance, but was worried about such an easy going leader.

oO He’s a charmer. I hope Captain Doc let’s me keep you under eye. Being one myself I know charmers are the worst.

Rackham: Any chance of a glass of Amielian tea, Commander? It’s been a hot minute since I was on a ship with the program. Station tea never tastes right.

Vitor turned to the Captain waiting for instructions.

Adea/Matu/Anders: Response

TAG/TBC

Lt. J. G. Vitor S.Silveira
Tactical Officer