Commander Addison MacKenzie - To The Heart of the Matter

Addison MacKenzie

Nov 17, 2021, 7:46:19 AM11/17/21
to sb118-re...@googlegroups.com

(( Command Suites, Deep Space 224 ))

The command center on DS224 had been good about lending many of their spaces to visiting crews, and the suite of offices on the command deck was no different. Since they no longer had a space of their own aboard their own ship, the makeshift space on the station would have to work for the purposes of the task at hand.

…the task at hand.

Addison sat behind the desk reading and re-reading the information on the PADD. The testimony, the findings, the decision… along with her own personal notes from their meeting Captain Nicholotti. She wrapped her fingertips on the desk, one finger after another in quick succession, both perturbed and annoyed that she was in this position needing to have this conversation in the first place.

When they move you into a command position, they warn you that sometimes people make mistakes, and ultimately the accountability lands and your doorstep. What they don’t tell you is that sometimes people do downright stupid things and that the accountability still lands at your doorstep.

The door chime rang, Addison tossed the PADD carelessly down on the desktop with a clink, she exhaled and rolled her eyes, and tugged at the front of her uniform before pressing the button that opened the doors.

MacKenzie: Mr. Silveira. Come in.

Silveira: Response

MacKenzie: Do you know why you’re here?

Silveira: Response

Addison nodded slowly, not allowing the officer an opportunity to sit. He would stand for the duration of their visit and allow her words to be fully absorbed.

MacKenzie: I don’t have the luxury of knowing you personally the way that Captain Nicholotti does. What I do know is your service record - ::picking up the PADD and waving it at him:: and the reports I’ve seen from the inquiry. It’s not a pretty picture, is it, Lieutenant?

Silveira: Response

Tag, and TBC!

---

Commander Addison MacKenzie, M.D., Ph.D., FASFS
First Officer
USS Resolution

V239601AM0