PNPC PO2 Kirky Bean — Bean and Matu in the escape room

jkpbem

Aug 20, 2021, 3:37:02 AM8/20/21
to USS Resolution – StarBase 118 Star Trek PBEM RPG

(( OOC:  Kait, I’ve got you! ))

(( Shuttle Maintenance Bay, Deck 5, USS Resolution ))

Having been working inside one of Resolution’s shuttlecraft when this whole thing started, and finding himself in the same place after every reset, Kirky was surprised to find himself in a different place this time.  Instead of knee-deep in navigational circuitry on the shuttle, he was down in the underbelly of the shuttle maintenance bay.  He jostled at the ceiling panel in an attempt to free himself, but the hatch wouldn’t budge.  Kirky exhaled sharply in frustration.  He still had a half-finished protein shake up there, and it gets gross if it sits out too long.

Pushing up his sleeves and trying again, Kirky was startled by a sudden burst of light on the opposite side of the small maintenance room.  When it faded away, an officer he didn’t recognize was standing in its place.

Bean:  Dude!  ::beat::  I mean, Lieutenant.  Where did you come from?

Matu:  response

Bean:  Me neither.  I was upstairs working on a shuttlecraft.  This is the first time I’ve turned up here.

Matu:  response

Bean:  Petty Officer 2nd Class Kirky Bean, at your service.  ::points to the ceiling hatch::  That’s the way out.  I’m having a hard time releasing it.

Matu:  response

Bean:  Sure, maybe if we each pull on one side, it’ll catch and pop open.

Kirky pointed to the release on the far side of the hatch, then took position on the near side and gripped the lever.  With a nod and a playful grin to his new friend, he pulled down sharply on the lever.

Matu:  response

Tag / TBC

Petty Officer 2nd Class Kirkington “Kirky” Bean
Shuttlecraft Pilot
USS Resolution NCC-78145

simmed by

Lieutenant Yogan Yalu
Helm Officer
USS Resolution NCC-78145

Justin
D238804DS0

As you liberate yourself in metaphor, think of others, those who have lost the right to speak.
— Mahmoud Darwish