Lt. J. G. Silveira: Man on a mission.

Bruno Abreu

Nov 6, 2021, 8:24:44 AM11/6/21
to USS Resolution – StarBase 118 Star Trek PBEM RPG

((Risa, Maklau Resort Hotel, Kitchen staff meeting room))

Vitor was sitting at the center table, handling two PADDs, and using the table console.

He spent the last hours organizing things up, setting up the supplies and figuring out the dishes for the gathering.

He managed to win over the kitchen staff with his culinary knowledge. Although they were polite and friendly, in true Risian manner, he saw that some looked a bit displeased with having a stranger taking care of their tasks. But as he gave a quick demonstration of his skills at cutting and cleaning a Kolicco, one of Risa’s traditional fish, he won them over.

Especially the attention of Chef Ternna. She was one of the Head Chefs at the Hotel, and was now making his way to join him. Vitor nodded politely and smiled. Ternna was quite attractive, even for a Risian. About his height, long brown hair, now caught in a braid that fell down her back, she had, what looked to Vitor, a Scandinavian feel. Fair skin, which was a bit odd for a Risian, she was athletic and well shaped. Very well shaped, as she had caught his attention almost immediately. The top and trousers she was wearing were certainly her work attire.

Ternna: We are setting up things outside as you asked, have you finished the personal dishes Chef Silveira?

Vitor gestured to her to join him as he raised one of the PADDs.

Silveira: Getting the last details right now, tell me what you think Chef.

Trenna took the PADD and began viewing the menu Vitor was preparing. Besides providing a good amount of dishes, he decided to set a plate with something special to each of his comrades.

For Kali he was setting up a Fillet Mignon, with raisin rice and salted mushrooms. He knew those were the ingredients Commander Cody used back in Ops. Sadly he lost the recipe on the Resolution, and he was quite sure the rice then didn’t have raisins, but he hoped she liked it.

For Commander MacKenzie he was cooking an Hasperat, but with added Risian fruit. Since she had that adventure with an Hasperat stand in Bajor he thought it might be a risk, but a risk he was willing to take.

For Doc Adea he was thinking of a Kolicco fillet, with Risian beans, but tempered in terran olive oil. He was fortunate that the Hotel had a bottle of it, the real thing although it was greek olive oil, and he was going to put it to good use. Not his favorite though, the portuguese one was much better. But his opinion on that was quite biased.

For Commander Yalu, considering his size, and apparent love for hamburgers, he already set apart a good chunk of meat from Earth. He would make two nine inch thick hamburgers, which would “sandwich” a good chunk of the traditional Star Mountain Cheese. Regrettably that had to be replicated, but with Ternna’s help he managed to get the taste almost as good as the original. It would go with a simple salad to give a little healthy complement to the “heart stroke power” of the hamburgers.

For Iljor, and since the kid looked like he needed to gain some weight, he had set up two chicken breasts, marinated in pepper sauce, with the best equivalent of fusilli he could find.

With mayo on the side.

He had some trouble with Hallia’s dish. But after thorough research he replicated her a copy of traditional portuguese Cod at Brás, but chemically changed to her species specifications.

In truth he only changed the outside look of something she would eat, but it was the thought that counted.

Sir would get an oven cooked Pizza, with ham, chorizo and cherry tomato. Tempered with basil, cottage cheese and lavender.

Talos already requested Oskoid, or Oscoid, but since Vitor wasn’t sure if he meant the sea food or the root, he chose to get them both. Again Ternna helped him, as they had a small supply of those in the Hotel. That was quickly “requisitioned” by her and given to Vitor.

The last one remaining was Sher. He thought of surprising her with a nice steak, in coffee sauce and french fries with small cut carrot slices. Much to his surprise they had a good amount of terran potatoes in the Hotel’s pantry, but the carrots were replicated.

He looked at Ternna as she nodded all the way down the menu.

Ternna: Quite an effort you put up Chef.

Vitor nodded as he took the PADD back, with his smile fading. He looked at Ternna’s blue and grayish eyes.

Silveira: They deserve it, each one of them. Thank you Chef Ternna. You don’t know how important this has become to me.

Ternna sensed the sadness in his voice and put her hand in his, giving him a reassuring squeeze. She was moved by the reason behind this gathering, and had been impressed by Silveira’s skills. Also his drive into making this. She felt he had something to prove or attone himself.

Ternna: No need to thank me. And please call me Na.

Vitor smiled, holding up her hand he nodded.

Silveira: Agreed if you call me Sil

Ternna smiled at him and for a few seconds they stood there. Vitor let his mind fly away from all the concerns and in that time he was just there looking at her beauty.

But with a deep breath he let go of her hand and stood up.

Silveira: I have to start cooking, maybe we can see each other after the ceremony Na.

Ternna nodded and smiled at him.

Ternna: I would like that. And if you ever consider a career change I would be delighted to work with you again.

He wrinkled his forehead as he nodded to her. He hoped her words wouldn’t be prophetic.

((Risa, Maklau Resort Hotel, Lua Pele Beachside Bar))

As he walked outside he smiled, as the decorations were well under way. The place was really gaining, so he tighten his apron and took his place in the improvised outdoor kitchen. Besides the dishes for the crew, he set up a few extras, just in case someone wanted more, or wasn’t pleased with his choices.

He lit up the barbecue and once the flames were right he began grilling Shallonias, in the Risian equivalent of lemon juice. They were small sized fishes that always reminded him of the Sardines, so typical of portuguese cuisine.

But these were a lot tastier, although they were a witch to prepare. Thankfully the staff was very good and had them set up earlier.

He began to set the mise en place, with a PADD in front of him, listing dishes and times.

He was cutting carrots when he sensed someone behind him.

Dakora: Sil, I don't know what you're making, but it smells great!

Vitor turned as he finished the carrot, smiled  and picked up one of the pans, spraying it with the olive oil and putting it on one of the stove burners.

Silveira: Just starting the mise en place. It will smell much better as I start cooking. By the way it was tough but I got your Oskoid or what’s it called.

He picked up one of the tupperwares and opened it to Talos

Silveira: These are all the fronds they have at the Hotel.

Dakora: response

Vitor raised an eyebrow and narrowed his eyes. Replacing the smile with a cold stare.

He picked up the knife, and without taking his eyes from Talos he cut another carrot into fine slices, loudly hitting the knife on the cutting board.

He raised it, letting the sunshine sparkle from it’s blade.

Silveira: You never question the Chef.

Dakora: response

He laughed and put down the knife taking another tupperware from the lower shelf.

Opening it he showed the shellfish to Talos.

Silveira: I wasn’t sure which ones you meant, so I got them both. ::Winking:: Besides you deserve it. This was a good idea.

He paused as his smile turned sad.

Silveira: Thank you. You did good Talos. ::Tilting his head he shrugged.:: At least much better than the last FNG. I just keep messing things up.

Dakora: response

TAG/TBC

Lt. J. G. Vitor S.Silveira

Tactical Officer