LtJG Aine Sherlock - This Was A Mistake, Part 1

Aine Sherlock

Jun 25, 2021, 12:13:01 PM6/25/21
to sb118-re...@googlegroups.com
((Hotel Room, DS224))

Aine had elected to get a room at the starbases traveler lodging. It wasn't that she didn't want to be around her crew, just that always being in such close quarters she occasionally felt the need for some alone time. And after Mel showed up without warning, well she'd deleted the warning, the last thing she wanted was to be around others.

After changing into a robe provided by the hotel and snuggling into the large, soft pillows she turned on the FNS to see if there was anything exciting happening in the known galaxy. Surprisingly, there was a story about DS224. Apparently, Subway Sam's had a bout of food poisoning. oO Thank goodness we ate at Burger Nagus! Oo

Just as her eyes were getting heavy, a ping on her PADD rang out. She reached over to the nightstand to retrieve it. Looking at the screen there was one new message, from Mel.

//
To: LtJG Aine Sherlock

From: Lt Melvin Martinson

Hey Olive,
I'm sorry about earlier. That didn't go how I planned. I really would like to talk to you. Just talk. I owe you an apology, more than one. And I'd rather say it to your face. I owe you that. There's a crew lounge on Deck 19. We can meet there if you want?

Mel
\\

Her heart raced as she read the message as if they were face to face again. She knew that eventually she would need to grow up. Becoming an officer in Starfleet was one big step and maybe this would be another. Handle it like an adult instead of lashing out like she did earlier that day.

//
To Lt Melvin Martinson

From: LtJG Aine Sherlock

Don't call me Olive, you know I hate that.

1900, tomorrow. Don't be late.

Aine
\\

She put the PADD on silent and tossed it to the foot of the bed. She laid back down on the large pillows and ordered the computer to turn the lights off. The room was bathed in the glow of the holoscreen. As her eyes grew heavy, she noticed that the voices onscreen seemed like mumbles as her thoughts wandered to what might happen tomorrow night. She honestly never thought she'd see him again. She never thought she'd have all those emotions pulled to the surface again. She looked down at her left forearm. Under the sleeve, the black band tattoo, though not currently visible, was there as a reminder of the choice she had to make. oO Isn't it enough I have to live with it on my own? Oo

to be continued...

Lieutenant Junior Grade Aine Sherlock
Security Officer
USS Resolution