LTJG Jamie MacNemar - Researching the Da'al

mikori

Oct 5, 2020, 1:58:18 PM10/5/20
to USS Resolution – StarBase 118 Star Trek PBEM RPG

(( Bridge, USS Resolution ))

As the other officers filed out of the conference room, Jamie headed for the back of the Bridge where her station was, and where there was a little more room to walk without fear of someone bumping into her.  Mirkl, the Trill scientist who she’d been assigned to work with, made his way out after.

Setting the PADD she’d been taking notes on down on the side of the console, she turned back to face him, hands folded behind her back.

Zanti: Well, where do you think we should start?

MacNemar: Well, I’m thinkin’ I should look up any information we have about the technology that the Da’al are equipped with.  Maybe Commander Romjin could get us info on what actual Klingon assets are in the area.  Like, if they’ve got two birds of prey and one battlecruiser in the area, or somethin’....

Jamie shivered at the thought.  The last thing she wanted was to get into a confrontation with a Klingon.  She’d been friends with one or two Klingons, over the years.

While Mirkl nodded in response, MacKenzie approached the two of them.  Jamie looked up at the taller woman.

MacNemar: Hey, Commander.  Just comin’ up with a game plan here.  I’m going to look into the technology the Da’al have available to them.

MacKenzie: Response

Zanti: Yes, ma’am.

MacNemar: Yessir.

Jamie eased herself down at the console and logged in.  With Mirkl sitting nearby, she began calling up pieces of information.  It was largely what she expected, considering the abridged briefing they’d gotten on the race.

MacNemar: Let’s see here… according to the most recent second contact records from about four years ago, the Da’al have a single in-system colony with about fifty thousand residents, and two research outposts in the closest system to theirs, four and a half light years away.

Zanti / MacKenzie: Responses

Jamie switched to the next category.

MacNemar: They developed warp drive a little over a hundred years ago.  Their fastest scout ships, accordin’ to this info, max out at just under warp three.  Laser weapons, and no defensive shielding.  Polarized hull plating only.  They wouldn’t stand a chance against the Klingons.

Zanti / MacKenzie: Responses

Leaning over toward the Trill, she peeked at the screen on his size.

MacNemar: What’s the science database say about their biology and culture?

Zanti / MacKenzie: Responses

Lieutenant JG Jamie MacNemar

Junior Engineer

USS Resolution, NCC-78145

As simmed by:

Aaron / Jamie MacNemar / Captain Mei’konda Delano

M239002M10