Lieutenant Commander Addison MacKenzie – Awards and Gratitude, Part 2

Addison MacKenzie

May 4, 2021, 12:47:52 PM5/4/21
to sb118-re...@googlegroups.com

(( Briefing Room, Deck 1, USS Resolution ))

After the applause and comments after the awards had died down, Meidra returned to her seat. Addison slid the small wooden box aside and moved the velvet box within reach.

MacKenzie: And that brings us to the truly terrible part of this job… Ensign Yellir, please return to the front of the room.

Addison waited for the radiant, pink-hued Yelikan to rise from her seat and make her way to the front.

MacKenzie: Ensign, since coming aboard, you have made nothing but a positive contribution to the crew. You are thoughtful, intelligent, and an asset to whatever team you are assigned. Without a doubt, you have earned the respect of the entire crew. It is thereby my honor as bestowed upon me by Starfleet Command and ::wiggling her eyebrows in Kali’s direction:: Captain Nicholotti, to promote you to the rank of Lieutenant JG with all the rights and privileges pertaining thereto. Congratulations, Lieutenant!

Addison reached in the box, pulled out a hollow pip and affixed it next to the gold pip on the woman’s collar.

Yellir: Response

Any: Responses

Addison gestured for Yellir to return to her seat.

MacKenzie: Ensign Etan, to the front!

She watched as the young Bajoran man rose from his chair and moved swiftly to stand opposite of her.

MacKenzie: Ensign Etan, your passion for science is infectious. Your attention to detail is and has been demonstrably commendable. You are inquisitive and your performance has served as a benchmark by which others should strive to reach. For this purpose, it is my pleasure to promote you to the rank of Lieutenant JG, with all the rights and privileges pertaining thereto. Well deserved, Lieutenant!

She removed a hollow pip and affixed it to the Bajoran’s collar.

Etan: Response

Any: Responses

As Addison nodded her dismissal to the officer, while simultaneously calling her next victim.

MacKenzie: Mr. Yalu, front and center.

Her eyes tracked the tall, bearded Trill as he rose from his seat. When the man was in front of her, she stared at him for a moment, her neck craning upward as she held eye contact.

MacKenzie: Mr. Yalu, I now know more of you than I could have ever hoped to know…

She wiggled a quick eyebrow at him.

MacKenzie: Having participated in your Zhian’Tara, I’m not only familiar with your investment in Starfleet, but that of one of your previous hosts as well… And, while I’m still…recovering… from that interesting experience, it has provided an interesting insight into who you are.

She offered a momentary, thoughtful pause.

MacKenzie: But even if I hadn’t had that experience, your performance on this ship has been exemplary. You have not only carried out your duties at the helm in the most trying of circumstances, but you are level-headed and constantly work to better those around you. It is my great honor to promote you to the rank of full Lieutenant, with all the rights and privileges pertaining thereto. Congratulations, Lieutenant!

Reaching into the velvet box, she removed a gold pip. Standing on her tiptoes, she removed the hollow pip from his collar and replaced it with the gold pip.

Yalu: Response

Any: Responses

As Yalu returned to his seat, Addison’s facial expression dropped, and her voice flattened.

MacKenzie: Counselor Sirin…

She gestured for the counselor to stand before her. When she had made her way to the front, Addison suddenly found her neck giving thanks for the reprieve from having to look up at Yalu. She held Sirin’s gaze for a moment before finally speaking.

MacKenzie: Counselor, we have not always seen eye to eye… I have at times found you to be impulsive, difficult to deal with, and lacking good judgment. (beat) And all that having been said, while I believe it to have been true, I have also witnessed incredible growth and maturity during our last several missions together. This is especially true of our last mission, during which I found your assistance invaluable. It is thereby that, though no choice or pleasure of my own, I hereby promote you to the rank of full Lieutenant, with all the rights and privileges pertaining thereto.

She removed the hollow pip from Meidra’s collar and replaced it with a full gold pip.

MacKenzie: ::softly, with a mischievous grin, indicative of her humor:: Congratulations, Lieutenant.

Sirin: Response

Any: Responses

When the applause died down and Sirin returned to her seat, Addison bowed slightly to the crew, and then took her seat.

MacKenzie: Alright, time to get back to work. I happily turn the floor back to Captain Nicholotti, who can brief you all on our next mission. Captain?

Nicholotti: Response

Tag, and TBC!

---

Lieutenant Commander Addison MacKenzie, M.D., Ph.D., FASFS
First Officer
USS Resolution

V239601AM0