JP - Flt. Cpt. Kalianna Nicholotti and Lt. Cmdr. Addison MacKenzie - Well Deserved - Part 1

已查看 12 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Addison MacKenzie

未读,
2020年12月8日 19:24:442020/12/8
收件人 sb118-re...@googlegroups.com

((Observation Deck, Deep Space 224))

The night had been going well, offering a very different experience for the crew than the last gathering. Ultimately that had been the point - variety gave to memories that would serve all of them in much darker times. Kali smiled as she stepped to the side of the dance floor, taking in the view of the officers around the room. The crisp look of each of them (along with one gym shirt to break the monotony) caused her to beam with pride as she started making her way towards the platform that would serve as their stage.

As she moved, Kali found the XO in the crowd and shot her a knowing look, beckoning the red-head towards the point which she was headed.

Once the two met, Kali offered a smile, tilting her head slightly to the side.

Nicholotti: Enjoying yourself?

MacKenzie: You definitely know how to throw a party, Captain.

WIth a nod, Kali gathered the floor-length satin and stepped easily up onto the stage. Turning, she positioned herself by the podium and set down the small boxes in which were ribbons and pips. In silence, she gazed out among the crowd of mostly dress whites and an assortment of the best dress otherwise. Against the backdrop of stars, which all but wrapped Kali in a blanket of visual ambiguity, the captain waited as a silence soon fell across all.

It was then that she began.

Nicholotti: If there is something to be said about discovery, it is that some things cannot be expected. ::She paused a moment, then continued.:: And then, there are some things that never change.

With a bit of a grin, Kali alluded to their introduction to a brand new race and their sudden internal government upheaval, in conjunction with the meeting of Klingons at the same time. She allowed the tendrils of laughter to spread as they would and die out before continuing.

Nicholotti: Despite the chaos and all that we faced, each of you conducted yourselves in the best traditions of Starfleet. That is to say, good job to all.

Her grin grew as she allowed the crowd’s reaction before taking up the first box from the podium.

Nicholotti: One of the things I love most about commanding the Resolution is my ability to celebrate each of your successes with you.

MacKenzie: Getting to watch each of you grow and develop your sea legs - not just as officers, but as men and women - is one of the great privileges of serving in command. The awards you’ll receive today, and those in the future, will serve not only as a physical manifestation of your accomplishments, but a  reminder of each and every person in this room, and the work you’ve all done together.

Kali couldn’t help but smile at the sentiment that they obviously shared.

MacKenzie: Counselor Sirin, please step forward.

Addison picked up another one of the boxes as Kali read the charge.

Nicholotti: Ensign Sirin, for serving with distinction during our contact with the Da’al contingent during their political turmoil and for watching out for your team while in peril, I hereby award you the Good Conduct Ribbon.

Watching as the first officer stepped up and did the honors of pinning the ribbon itself, Kali raised an eyebrow and shared both a smile and a knowing look. There was a time and a place for all things; here and now it was the time for celebration. Later there would be time to ensure that lessons had been learned.

MacKenzie opened the box, revealing the Good Conduct Ribbon - an irony which hadn’t escaped Addison - and pinned it to the woman’s jacket.

MacKenize: Well done, Ensign.

Sirin: Response

Any: Response

Offering a congratulatory nod at the counselor, Kali nonverbally dismissed her from the stage.

MacKenzie: Now, Mr. Yalu, please step forward.

Nicholotti: Ensign Yalu, as a former pilot, I will say that I am impressed. Your navigating of the Resolution against odds that were potentially insurmountable says much to your credit and to the credit of  your knowledge and experience. For your show of tenacity and skill during a difficult interaction with an aggressive ally, I hereby award you with the Captain’s Commendation.

Addison picked up another box, revealing the dark crimson ribbon. The Captain’s Commendation was an exemplary award, and from the reports she’d read, she was sure Yalu earned it. Pinning the ribbon to his jacket, she smiled and shook his hand.

MacKenzie: Congratulations, Ensign.

Yalu: Response?

Any: Response

Again, she nonverbally dismissed the officer and the XO continued.

Addison looked out into the crowd, trying to find their next victim. She shielded her eyes from the bright stage lights in an attempt to see, but her target was, one could say, easily recognizable in his choice of attire.

MacKenzie: Mr. Treetus, please step forward.

The one person in the room not in something dressy made his way to the front. Kali offered her characteristic smile as he approached.

Nicholotti: To our newest officer and graduate from Starfleet Academy, I hereby award you with the Starfleet Academy Graduation Ribbon.

Addison removed the Starfleet Academy Graduate Ribbon and, instead of pinning it to a gym shirt, placed it in the man’s hand while shaking the other.

MacKenzie: Congratulations, Ensign. I look forward to working with you.

Treetus: Response

Any: Response

Another nonverbal dismissal later, Kali looked over at the first officer who was looking at a PADD with the information that would guide their next moves.

[TBC]

--

Fleet Captain Kalianna Nicholotti

Commanding Officer

USS Resolution

R238605KN0

&

Lieutenant Commander Addison MacKenzie, M.D., Ph.D., FASFS

First Officer

USS Resolution

V239601AM0

回复全部