Doctor Morka - The Professional

Aine Sherlock

Sep 23, 2021, 5:23:43 PMSep 23
to sb118-re...@googlegroups.com
(( Sickbay, Rinascita Station ))

Morka was more nervous than normal with the newcomers. They were professionals and here he was, just recently starting his residency with almost no experience.

Morgan: You said you got here after the fact? What happened when you arrived?

Morka: I stabilized and sedated him so I could work on the wound itself. Though ::gesturing around the sickbay:: I'm rather limited to what I have to work with. Usually the worst injury on Rinascita is a bruise from fighting. We don't get a lot of injuries here.

Yalu:  The limited facilities are certainly no fault of yours.  ::beat, gestures to himself and his team::  We’ve all cared for patients under less-than-ideal circumstances.  We know how difficult it can be.

oOYes! Thank you! You understand!Oo

Sirin: Did you manage to speak with him before his unconsciousness?

Morka: I did not. I was having my morning coffee and everyone was suddenly running to sickbay. I followed along and then saw this.

Morgan: Can you walk me through any theories you might have?

Morka: Yes, come closer. ::pointing down into the wound:: My first thought was that he'd been shot with some sort of weapon. But notice how the wound goes deep, into the lung in fact. Most energy weapons, burns are superficial and the internal trauma caused by the dissipation of energy to the nerves. This is why I'm confused.

Morka hoped this Doctor Morgan would offer assistance. It would be a real treat to learn even a little from a Starfleet doctor.

Morgan: Would you mind if I take a look? Our instruments may be able to provide a more thorough analysis…

Morka: Absolutely, Doctor! Please do!

Sirin: Is there a time you believe the doctor will awaken? His injuries do not appear life threatening, but as I am not a physician, I defer to your prognosis.

Yalu:  We would also like very much to speak with Dr. Keita.  ::beat::  When your security chief retracted the distress call, he said that the doctor was in a panic.  We’d like to know what caused that panic.  Can you revive him?

Morka: Gosh, I don't know anything about a distress call. You'll have to ask the Chief. Was he near the Doctor when it happened? Reviving him right now is out of the question...

Yalu:  I see.  ::beat::  We appreciate your allowing us to board your station and– ::beat:: visit.  Believe me, I know how you must feel.  When I practiced medicine, there’s nothing I liked less than when some doctor I’d never met interfered with how I treat my patients.

Sirin: Especially when all the pertinent facts were not presented.

Morka: ...as I was saying, until your Doctor can close the wound.

Morka did not like how this "Commander" and "Counselor" were acting. The most important thing was to save the patient. Luckily, the good Doctor Morgan was of the same mind. First help, then ask.

Morgan:  response

Yalu:  But I am afraid we cannot just ignore Dr. Keita’s distress call.  He is a Human, from Earth, which makes him a Federation citizen, and our duty to protect.  We will need to speak with him, or at least see evidence demonstrating to our satisfaction that his injuries were not the result of foul play.

Morka: I understand your duty, but even you, as a former Doctor, must understand we need to make sure he lives first.

Morgan:  response

Sirin: I can sense that he wishes to awaken. But past that, I am not able to read his thoughts. As a counselor, I know that there are times where people feel safer in their own mind, to protect themselves. I do not feel that with this patient. He wants to be awake.

Morka: Well that's good! He has a will to live.

Yalu/Morgan: responses

Morka: Yes, Doctor. I'll happily assist you. You just tell me what you need!

Morgan: response

Yalu/Sirin: response

Morka watched closely as the Doctor further examined the...other Doctor. Taking mental notes on how he moved, what he examined, what he thought was important. Yes, this was a man he could learn much from!

Morgan: response

Morka: Yes, Doctor. Right away!

Any: response

tag/TBC