LtJG Aine Sherlock - Confessional

Aine Sherlock

May 1, 2021, 10:59:41 PM5/1/21
to sb118-re...@googlegroups.com
((Counselor's Office, Sickbay, Deck 2, USS Resolution))

Sherlock: After our night out, when I came back to the ship, I wasn't in my right mind and ::beat:: I sent a message to my ex-boyfriend.

As Aine confessed her sin, it appeared that Meidra was slightly amused, understandably. It was, after all, a common drunken mistake of youth.

Sirin: Really.

Sherlock: ::nodding her head in shame:: Yes. I don't know. When I came back that night, I guess I was feeling a little lonely.

Sirin: You know that Orion woman would have been more than happy to help out if you were lonely. Iljor brushed her off pretty politely at the end.

Aine tilted her head and pursed her lips, giving Meidra a glare in exchange for the joke.

Sherlock: ::sarcastically:: Unfortunately she's gone now.

Sirin: And this ex - he was not someone you have positive feelings for?

Sherlock: No. Sort of. When we were together, it was great. The end wasn't easy.

Aine held her palms to her face in embarrassment. It felt as if talking about it was making the dumb mistake worse.

Sirin: Did he respond?

Sherlock: ::slightly muffled by her hands:: No. ::lowering her hands:: I'm sure he's moved onto whoever else and is just ignoring it.

Sirin: response

Sherlock: It's so embarrassing. Do I really have to repeat it?

Sirin: response

Sherlock: Ok. First I said that despite what happened, I hope he was doing well. Which I do. Then I went on this long speech about how things could have worked and how happy we could have been.

Aine put her face to her knees and wrapped her arms around the back of her legs as if curling up into a ball, trying to hide.

Sirin: response

Sherlock: No, I don't really want to get back together with him. ::sitting back upright:: I just want to go back out into space where someone can shoot at us. That's so much simpler to deal with.

Sirin: response

tag/TBC

Lieutenant Junior Grade Aine Sherlock
Security Officer