Ensign Dakora - Pre-Meditated Vibe Killing

Travis Christman

Oct 22, 2021, 5:35:56 PM10/22/21
to sb118-re...@googlegroups.com
(OOC: I'm gonna go ahead and name this beach side bar, because I'm annoying like that.)

((Lua Pele - Maklau Resort Hotel - Risa))

The conversation had sort of trailed off as Talos and Aine worked on their respective drinks and contemplated what would become of the crew of the Resolution. He was shaken out of his contemplative silence by the sound of someone joining them.

Silveira: I am sorry to interrupt. ::he turned to Sher.:: It is good to see you recovered. ::turning to the man, who by the eyes he suspected was Betazoid.:: I don’t believe we met. ::He offered his hand.:: Vitor Silveira, tactical officer. But please call me Sil.

Talos shook the newcomer's hand. He seemed Terran enough, and if he was a touch Telepath, that'd be on him for initiating the handshake.

Sherlock: Thanks. ::turning her seat back towards the bar:: And you can call me Lieutenant.

Talos didn't have to have his finely tuned empathic senses to detect a sudden and sharp change in Aine's demeanor. Clearly there was some tension here, a story for which he lacked the necessary context. He planned to do the nice thing and pretend he didn't notice.

Dakora: Well met, Sil. I'm Talos Dakora, I would've been the Resolution's new Intel Ensign.

The new acquaintance was a man of average height and build, his body language sort of gave the impression he was wearing the weight of the world on his shoulders. Though Talos assumed that many of the Resolution's Senior Staff were feeling that way as of late. Silveira seemed friendly enough, though it did sort of seem like the majority of his attention had been in Aine's direction.

Silveira: Well… Perhaps I better let you two by yourselves...

Sherlock: Perhaps you...

Aine had gone noticeably frigid. Talos had flubbed the drink order business, and then he'd steered the conversation in some somber directions, so he wasn't entirely sure if it was completely a result of Silveira showing up or if he'd managed to make things awkward on his own. He had a habit of doing that. Still, the Tactical Officer didn't really seem like he wanted to go and Talos was eager to get to know his possibly-maybe-hopefully future crew.

Dakora: No way, man. ::He smirked.:: The more the merrier, I say. Ai- ::He caught himself, with a slight glance in her direction that said "You made me do this...":: Lieutenant Sherlock is probably getting tired of my schtick anyway.

The sudden formality was a bit strange, but Talos just rolled with it. The dark-haired man seemed to consider the invitation for a moment before sidling up to the bar alongside them and flagging down the Barman.

Silveira: A Mai Tai please.

Talos eyed the fruity drink jealously. He had thought he'd long outgrown the idea of trying to appear tough in front of others, but something about the way Aine had been chugging straight from the bottle had pressured him into ordering straight bourbon, rather than bourbon and cola, like he preferred.

Silveira: As the saying goes when in Rome… Have any of you visited Risa before?

Sherlock: Always wanted to, just not under these circumstances.

Talos sipped/choked down the rest of his drink and shook his head.

Dakora: No, was always too rich for my blood. ::He grinned.:: Marine Staff Sergeants don't rate a Risa shoreleave, I guess.

Feeling the sort of pleasant buzzy feeling start to take hold, he caught the bartender's attention and pointed to Sil's drink and asked for one. Aine's body language changed slightly, suddenly seeming like she was shifting from defense to offense.

Sherlock: So...::matter of factly:: Sil...I'm surprised to see you out of your room.

Silveira seemed to be caught off-guard by the question, which Talos thought was strange. Was the Tactical Officer known for being some kind of shut-in or...

Silveira: What do you mean Lieutenant?

Aine seemed to sort of wind-up for a moment before she spoke.

Sherlock: What do I mean? Well, it's not everyday someone attacks a member of Starfleet Intelligence.

Talos' eyebrows involuntarily shot up at her words, he tried to get through the awkward moment by taking a long sip from his Mai Tai but he tilted the cup too far and a lime fell out onto the bar with an audible splat.

Silveira: I am waiting for the inquiry.

It was only a small section of the story, Talos figured. He would look into it, though it would probably be compartmentalized and classified beyond his rank and clearance. From the sounds of it, the powers that be were handling things. The primary offense that was on his mind right now was pre-meditated mood-killing. The pleasant inklings of his buzz were gone, replaced by empathetic feelings of awkwardness. Silveira seemed to look at him for judgment or approval, or something. Talos lacked the information to say anything of real substance.

Dakora: I don't know what either of you are talking about. ::He shrugged.:: Who attacked what?

Silveira picked up his glass, but hesitated. For a moment they all just sat there in an awkward silence that felt like it was never going to end.

Silveira: The Intel officer was working undercover. He held me, the Captain and another officer at phaser point. All this as the ship was attacked. When I had the chance I went for the kill… It was only when we were tending to his wound that he revealed himself.

That sounded like a mess as far as Talos was concerned. The poor bastard in front of him was probably going to get railroaded for it. Maybe he deserved it, maybe he didn't, but Talos' opinion was worse than useless here, without all of the missing pieces, so he didn't give it.

Dakora: Sounds like a clusterfu-,::Beat.::  er., a mess. ::He set his half-finished drink back down on the bar.::The kind of massive operational and organizational failure that keeps guys like me awake at night. Sounds like Command is working it out, though.

Sherlock/Silveira: response

The situation had reached peak awkwardness and Talos found himself scrambling for an out.

Dakora: Anyway, I've got a ::He made a show of checking the chrono-display implanted on the underside of his wrist.::a thing I've got to do this evening. Lieutenant Sherlock, you let me know if you want to continue those bad Surf Lessons some time.

Sherlock: Response

The memory of their time surfing brought a mostly genuine smile to his face as he took a step back from the bar.

Dakora: And Silveira, :He cocked his head a bit unsure what to say.:: Good luck.

Silveira: Response

With that he grabbed his towel, tossed it over his shoulder and walked back towards the hotel.

TAG/TBC
Ensign Talos Dakora
Intelligence Officer
USS Resolution
O238811CD0

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke