Lt Aine Sherlock - Going Old School

Aine Sherlock

Oct 5, 2021, 7:49:00 PM10/5/21
to sb118-re...@googlegroups.com
((Corridors, Rinascita Station ))

The team moved swiftly towards the Command Room of the station. Aine wasn't sure what to expect when they got there. How many doors? Were there windows to the room? All she knew was that when they got there, and when they made their move, it would need to be fast.

She remembered back to her training. They'd drilled room clearing and hostage rescue. Nowhere near as much as those who ended up on teams dedicated to the task, but enough she was sure they could be successful. She thought about her team now. How there was four of them. They'd always been told that if you have to breach a room and rescue a hostage that you could expect twenty-five percent losses. She hoped that that would not be the case.

As they approached, she could see there were windows. One door that was closed. They would have to be careful, but they could reach the door without being seen since the lights were still mostly out.

Sherlock: I think I can see them. Just their heads. ::pointing to the lighted windows of the Control room::

Adyr: I see movement, but nothing clear.

Sirin/Yellir: Responses?

Aine gestured for the team to follow her in. There was a small alcove off to the side and that's where they'd plan their next move. Though Aine had a plan, she wanted to hear others ideas just in case there was something she missed.

Sherlock: What do we think?

Adyr: I'm not sure. Do you think there's a way to disarm them first, before they get the doc?

Aine wasn't so sure there was. She pursed her lips and shook her head. This was about as bad a situation as you could get. They had no heavy weapons. No distraction devices. No way to pump in a sedative to put everyone to sleep. They were going to have to do this old school.

Sirin/Yellir: Response?

Adyr: Alright, so what would be the best approach then?

Sherlock: We'll stay lowc crouched beneath the windows. Once we get to the door everyone will stack up behind me. I'll count it down then hit the switch and go in.

Aine assumed none of them had much training in this scenario. She decided to give direct instructions and keep it simple.

Sherlock: I'll go straight into the room and establish a point of domination. Everyone else, file in alternating going left then right. Just get clear of the door, it's a fatal funnel. Once you're in, shoot anyone with a weapon, don't shoot anyone without one. Oh, and just in case, keep your phasers on stun.

Sirin/Yellir: Responses?

Adyr: response

Aine looked into each of their eyes as best she could in the dark. She took in a deep breath and nodded.

Sherlock: Alright, let's do this.

Stay low, she crouch-walked under the windows slowly. Every footstep seemed louder the closer they got. When she stopped at the door she held up a fist indicating the team halts. She looked back at Commander Adyr. She waited what seemed like a lifetime before giving her a quick nod. Turning back towards the door, she held up a hand with three fingers extended. Two. One.

Aine quickly reached up and slapped the access switch, the door swished open. She immediately raised to her feet and began to take her first steps into the room. Everything seemed to be moving in slow motion. A slow blink darkened her vision for a split second. When the light came back she could see Doctor Morgan in one chair, he began to move and she hoped he was diving for the floor. The Suliban in another to her right with his small disruptor leveled at the Doctor.

She took another step deeper into the room. She began to swing her phaser toward the Suliban as he began to swing his towards her. She leveled off and just as she was about to press the trigger, a flash of yellow filled her vision.

She knew she was down though she didn't feel the fall. She didn't feel the pain she expected to feel from getting shot. Sound was non-existent. Her vision blurred and began to fade. She saw flashes of orange, phasers were firing. She took in another breath and she felt like it might be her last had it not been for the sudden pain that was now showing through. The pain was near her liver and she knew that if the injury was anything like the one the station's Doctor had sustained, she might not make it.

She took another breath and things became a little darker.

tag/TBC(?)

((OOC: Sorry I took you hostage Doc! Don't hold it against me!))

Lieutenant Aine Sherlock
Chief of Security
USS Resolution
R239712AS0