Fleet Captain Kalianna Nicholotti - Rewards Well Deserved

Marissa Jeffrey

Jul 11, 2021, 4:50:24 PM7/11/21
to Resolution Sim Group
((Molly Malone's, Deep Space 224))

Everyone was there. Everyone had a drink. The inebriation had started, which is exactly why Kali found it the perfect time to handle what needed to be handled. After that, they could continue to be there and enjoy the company of each other, but the last thing she wanted was to hand out awards to anyone and have them stagger to her to get recognized. To that end, as she stood, she handed a box to Addison and Genkos and smiled before standing. She spoke loud enough to make sure her officers could hear her, but tried not to interfere with the music and revelry in the background.

Nicholotti: I know this is a bit different from what we're used to, but we all need a night like this from time to time. Enjoy the drinks, and the time with each other, and take a moment with me to help acknowledge the accolades earned during our last mission.

She waited a moment until she noticed all eyes on her, at least from their group, as well as a few from surrounding tables and the bar itself. Normally she would have waited for silence, but she knew that was not coming, so she continued.

Nicholotti: Our last mission was anything but easy. We knew that going into it, but we discovered more once we were in the thick. Yet, no matter what we faced, each of you behaved in the best traditions of Starfleet. I could not ask for a better team, and I know the inhabitants of the planet and the survivors we rescued believe the same.

MacKenzie/Adea: Response?

After her first and second officers said what they wanted to say, Kali continued.

Nicholotti: First, I want to award all present at the event the Explorer's Ribbon. This award is given to any who participate in the discovery of a new planet, region, or species. The Skarn were very new and very different, challenging our ways of thinking about other races. We learned a lot, and we still have a lot of data to go through, but the truth of it all is that this was one of those missions where we really did boldly go where no one has gone before.

She smiled at them all and nodded to the command team and their boxes.

Nicholotti: These ribbons are hereby awarded to Commander Addison MacKenzie, Lieutenant Commander Genkos Adea, Lieutenant JG Aine Sherlock, Lieutenant JG Hallia Yellir, Lieutenant Yogan Yalu, Lieutenant Meidra Sirin, Lieutenant JG Etan Iljor, Lieutenant Commander Tai Ilsam, and Ensign Rion Sladek. Congratulations!

Any: Response?

As the ribbons were passed around and words were shared, Kali waited, smiling to them all. It was always wonderful to share these moments with them. Finally, attention returned to her.

Nicholotti: As this was also a successful first contact mission, the following officers are also awarded the First Contact Ribbon. Commander Addison MacKenzie, Lieutenant Commander Genkos Adea, Lieutenant JG Aine Sherlock, Lieutenant JG Hallia Yellir, Lieutenant Yogan Yalu, Lieutenant Meidra Sirin, Lieutenant JG Etan Iljor, Lieutenant Commander Tai Ilsam, and Ensign Rion Sladek.

Another round of ribbons were handed out, a few more pairs of hands joined the applause this time though, a few from outside their specific ring of tables.

Any: Response?

Kali continued.

Nicholotti: It is my personal pleasure to award one officer with the distinction of the Captain's Commendation. Awarded for exemplary service and honorable actions performed in the course of duty, this award deems formal recognition. Beyond that, we all owe a great deal of thanks to this officer for her actions that may very well have saved us all. Lieutenant JG Aine Sherlock, please stand.

Waiting for her to stand, Kali locked eyes with the woman.

Nicholotti: Your choice to overload the phaser and take the actions you took to protect your crewmates on the surface had the added impact of eliminating the power interference and freeing everything from the lock the planet seemed to hold on us. This was what ultimately allowed us to leave and it is worthy of this commendation and all of our thanks.

MacKenzie: Response?

Sherlock: Response?

Any: Response?

Kali nodded in thanks and smiled as the woman sat after receiving the ribbon. She continued.

Nicholotti: As this was a very highly scientific mission, and because there was so much learned, I am also pleased to award the Scientific Discovery Ribbon to our very own Lieutenant JG Etan Iljor. Lieutenant, your work is not only impressive, but is exactly why Starfleet is where it is today. Breakthroughs like the ones you lead are how we learn, how we improve, and how we become better. Because of the knowledge you have and shared, we were able to navigate better and handle a very rough situation. I am glad you are on our team.

She was glad they were all on her team.

Adea: Response?

Etan: Response?

Any: Response?

Nearly done, she waited for the growing group of people applauding to quiet down. She turned to look at Genkos, doing her best to remain in 'Captain' mode and to not let any of the other feelings filter through her eyes.

Nicholotti: Finally, I am pleased to present the Department Chief Ribbon to our doctor and CMO, Lieutenant Commander Genkos Adea. Since the launch of the Resolution, you have served with distinction not only in your role leading the department, but also as the ship's second officer. Your dedication has not gone unnoticed. It is with deep appreciation that we present this to you today.

MacKenzie: Response?

Adea: Response?

Any: Response?

With a nod, the XO presented the actual ribbon and Kali smiled, perhaps a bit too much. Forcing herself to look at each member of the crew present after that, she threw her hands into the air.

Nicholotti: And now, let the party begin!

Returning to her seat, she left the crew to the applause of the establishment, and the renewed music that restarted after the finale. Kali looked to her command team and smiled.

Nicholotti: Well, that went well. Let's hope the party doesn't get too out of hand...

Adea/MacKenzie: Responses?

TAG/TBC

--

Fleet Captain Kalianna Nicholotti