Lt. Cmdr. Genkos Adea - the Sun's All So Risa

Elliot Huxtable

Oct 16, 2021, 11:36:17 AM10/16/21
to sb118-re...@googlegroups.com

((Guest Quarters, Deck Four, USS Carpathia))

Genkos scratched behind Toto’s ear absent-mindedly as he read the PADD perched on the table. Their orders from Starfleet had been swift and blunt; the Carpathia was to take the crew of the former USS Resolution (now a planet, and of great interest to Federation scientists) to the planet Risa. Once disembarked the Carpathia would leave, and the crew would be able to rest and relax on the beautiful beaches of Risa.

Oh, and undergo psychiatric evaluation, checks for post-traumatic stress, and all the fun stuff that came with being the survivors of a destroyed ship. There was also to be an inquiry as to the exact circumstances surrounding both the destruction of the ship, and the death of one Liam Wyke of Starfleet Intelligence. Genkos was to be a key witness at both. Although he had a feeling one of them would be far more distressing than another.

And that was before he saw the name at the bottom; the name of the person who would be carrying out the investigation. His old Commanding Officer.

Rear Admiral Quinn Reynolds.

He gulped once; the last time he’d seen her she’d been graciously escorting him off the Gorkon with a “next time we’ll come to you” face that also muttered “but that’s not bloody likely”.

Oh dear oh dear.

((Several Hours Later - Outside the Maklau Hotel, Risa))

Genkos stood on the sand in a clean Starfleet uniform and looked up at the hotel in front of him. It was a grandiose, imposing building, and would be home to all the Resolution’s crew for the duration of the investigation, and possibly longer.

Sunlight streamed from behind the hotel, leaving them in a tall dark shadow that seemed uncharacteristically cold. It made the hotel seem grim and uninviting, although he was quite taken with the large still pond that lay in front of the hotel, mirroring the entire effect in such a way and at such an angle that the hotel appeared to be twice the size that it was.

Crewmen were being beamed down in dribs and drabs; some had already been transferred to the hospital-cum-care facility a few yards down the road. But they were the first to arrive at the hotel that was to be their residence for the foreseeable. He took a deep breath; he was going to be staying on Risa. No matter how bad things got, at least he would be somewhere warm and beautiful. Funny how that gave him cold comfort.

Trembling slightly, one hand held his cane, the only one he had left, whilst the other held onto Toto’s lead. To his right stood Kalianna. He gave her a nod, and a grim smile.

Adea: Right… well, shall we go in?

Nicholotti: Response

Tags/TBC

Lieutenant Commander Genkos Adea MD

Second Officer & Chief Medical Officer

USS Resolution

G239502GS0

"You know, I'm really easy to get along with most of the time, but I don't like bullies and I don't like threats, and I don't like you, Culluh. You can try and stop us from getting to the truth but I promise you that if you do I will respond with all the 'unique technologies' at my command." - Kathryn Janeway