Doctor Morka - On The Edge

Aine Sherlock

Sep 26, 2021, 6:19:33 PM9/26/21
to sb118-re...@googlegroups.com
(( Sickbay, Rinascita Station ))

This was it! The time had come! To watch a real doctor at work. Morka was excited. His residency had been lackluster and he'd learned very little. The chance to learn from a Starfleet Doctor was like a dream come true.

Morgan: I’d like you to watch how I’m closing this wound – I’ve got a trick for making sure things heal with minimal scarring.

Sirin: response

Morgan: I’d like you to finish closing this wound using this technique while I speak with my colleagues. I’ll be back in a moment to check your work.

Morka: Yes, Doctor. Right away!

The Great (!) Doctor let him at it. He carefully and precisely mimicked the movements shown to him by the Doctor. Watching carefully as the wound began to close. Technology was amazing. Much more so than the more analog methods he'd learned at Suraya Bay Community College. He tried to listen in on the Doctor and Commander's sidebar, but decided it would be better to stay focused on the work at hand.

It wasn't long before the Doctor returned, just as Morka was finishing up closing of the wound.

Morgan: Hey, that’s pretty good. What did you think of the technique?

Morka: That was very...exciting. ::giving Morgan a light elbow to the ribs a couple times:: Thank you, Doctor.

Suddenly, it seemed the body...er...patient jumped.

Yalu:  What was that?

Morka: I...I...I don't know! Doctor!?

Morgan / Sirin:  response

Yalu:  His body reacted as if he’d just been shot.

Morka looked at the readings of the biobed.

Morka : His heart rate has increased. Adrenaline is up. Should I give him another sedative?

Morgan / Sirin:  response

Morka: Very well, Doctor.

Morka was half worried, half excited to see what would happen. If Doctor Keita would even come to or if he would stay in a sedated state.

Morgan: response

Yalu: response

Doctor Morka

as simmed by