Ens. Dakora - It's My Job to Know Things

Travis Christman

Nov 16, 2021, 7:46:22 PM11/16/21
to sb118-re...@googlegroups.com
((Docking Ring Observation Lounge, DS224))

Talos STILL did not have his new orders. Well, other than to report to DS224 and await further orders, which he supposed were technically orders, but not the ones he was hoping for. The general consensus of the former crew of the Resolution was that that it seemed likely that Captain Nicholotti would be getting a new ship and they'd be staying together, but no one knew for sure. Which ship they'd be getting was an even bigger mystery. Surely it was one of the numerous ships that idled in DS224's massive docking ring area, but that didn't narrow it down much.

To say he was getting antsy was an understatement.

He sat sipping a heavily sweetened cup of coffee at a table located by a large window. Outside, he could see the Sovereign Class USS Discovery-C, Vesta Class USS Excalibur and the geriatric Miranda Class USS Drake. Perhaps one of these would carry him away to whatever would happen next? Or maybe it was one of the several other ships that he couldn't see from this angle. He took a swig of the hot, probably too-sweet coffee and scrolled to the next entry on the PADD in front of him. It was a rundown of the tactical reports of ships operating in the area. Assuming at some point the Command Staff decided to stop teasing him, he wanted to be able to provide up-to-date regional intelligence for whatever ship he found himself on.

Talos had always enjoyed the types of people you found in these observation lounges. It was always an interesting mix of Starfleet personnel, people who were just there to look at the ships, and civilian spacers grabbing a bite to eat or drink while their cargo was being offloaded. It was the kind of place you could go to hear a good story, not necessarily a true story, but a good one.

He felt her before he saw her. Even with his barriers up, Talos could feel the presence of a Betazoid mind in close proximity. It was a sort of comforting feeling, one that reminded him of home and his childhood, which up until a certain point had been a warm and happy time. Scanning the room, Talos found her; sitting alone by one of the windows, much like he was. Never one to shy away from making new friends, he picked up his coffee and PADD and approached the dark-haired woman wearing the 3 pips of a Commander.

Dakora: Excuse me, is this seat taken?

A.Morgan: Response?

He grinned as he set his coffee mug down and took the seat across from her. Being the same obsidian-eyed telepathic race was sort of a thin reason to strike up a conversation with a stranger, particularly when they out-ranked you by several grades. But she was attractive, reminded him of home, and MAYBE at her rank she might have some Intel about where in the Great Fire the former crew of Res were going to be placed. At least this time he was in uniform so half of his introduction was made by his Black collar and the single pip on it.

Dakora:  Always nice to see a child of Betazed this far from home. ::He shot her a friendly smile.:: I'm Talos Dakora.

A.Morgan: Response?

He made a show of looking around the room, taking in the mixed bag of clientele. It never hurt to talk yourself up a bit, especially when talking to someone like Commander Morgan.

Dakora: These places are a gold mine for rumors. ::He made a sort of dramatic show of tugging at his black collar.:: It's sort of my job to know things...

A.Morgan: Response?

His brow furrowed immediately at her words. It was the most simple of questions, and yet he had no good answer. She couldn't have made him eat his words any better than this. He shifted uncomfortably in his seat.

Dakora: I... I don't know what ship I'm on... ::He grinned sheepishly.:: I know what ship I was supposed to be on, but... well it got destroyed before I ever made it there...

A.Morgan: Response?

TBC

Ensign Talos Dakora
Intelligence Officer
USS Resolution
O238811CD0

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke