Ensign Herrick: Sentient arms?

markanthonyparker

Jun 17, 2023, 12:59:05 AM6/17/23
to USS 'Oumuamua – StarBase 118 Star Trek PBEM RPG

((Deck 7, Sickbay USS ‘Oumuamua))

Even if it was begrudgingly taken, Josh was happy that the Chief Engineer was getting more formal medical attention than a kit in the field. Even though he seemed unaffected based on his easy-going personality, it would be better to hear a second opinion.

Winters: ::looking over at Corelli and narrowing her eyes:: Lieutenant, are you injured?

He could see that Sasha was also concerned, but was also masterfully convincing their boss to go along with getting treated. With a wave, a point, and a few encouraging words, she was close to having Winters be able to do a proper inspection.

Johnson: Get up there and let the woman have a look at you.  Even Exet would say you should get checked up on afterwards, so do it. Besides, when was the last time you had a check up?  I bet you’re due for one.

Sasha had motioned in Herrick’s direction, so the Deltan made the gesture to move over and Josh happily, albeit slowly, complied.

Herrick: (smiling) Welcome to the club. She’s gentle, don’t worry. ::he winked::

Corelli: Alright doc, do your worst.

Kammus held out his arm, and shielded his eyes with his other hand.

Winters: I’ve seen worse. ::beat:: I think. ::looking at Herrick:: Yep I’ve seen worse.

Herrick: We could be the poster children for maintenance safety. Worst here, better ::nodding to Kamus:: and best ::nodding to Sasha::.

Johnson:  I honestly don’t know what I’m going to do with you. Herrick, that’s your name right?  Don’t be like him.  I can only handle one of him!

Herrick: No promises Lieutenant, I’m one of the understudies.

Michele scanned the injury with her tricorder and then picked up the tissue regenerator and began moving it back and forth across the injury site in a specific pattern to ensure all the damaged tissue received a proper amount of therapy.

As the professional Kammus peaked one eye out between his fingers, making sure to look between Josh and Sasha.

Corelli: I don't feel anything... I knew it. Chopped.

As the chief placed dramatic flair, he was starting to infect everyone with his upbeat humor. A talent that likely came in handy when times got tough. Josh looked over at Sasha.

Herrick: Perhaps not exactly like him. He’s got stage presence!

Winters: ::grinning and looking to Johnson:: I am not sure I can save the arm. Can you get me an Exocomp? We can fit the unit to the chiefs are at the elbow.

Herrick: Hmmmm… ::looking first at Correli, then at Winters and Johnson:: Do we really the Chief to have a sentient arm? How’s he going to keep an eye on it when he sleeps?

Winters/Corelli/Johnson: Response

Herrick: As long as you don’t put me on the duty roster for arm-related baby sitting; (teasingly) prepare the exocomps!

Winters/Corelli/Johnson: Response

Both Herrick and Winters were on the verge of breaking out of character and laughing.

Winters: ::brushing her bangs out of her eyes:: Just a little humor chief. Don’t go getting your hopes up. No exocomp arm for you today. ::folding her tricorder closed:: You’re all set Lieutenant. You’ll have to repair that uniform though, that’s not within my scope of training.

Josh saw the officers exchange glances of amusement.

Herrick: ::looking at Kammus:: Perhaps we can get a bulk discount. How many uniforms do you go through in a month?

Winters/Corelli/Johnson: Response

Herrick: Well, I should probably have a couple backups in place… just in case the replicators start malfunctions ::holding up his hands:: due to no fault of my own.

Winters/Corelli/Johnson: Response

Winters: ::a devious grin crossing her lips:: Oh of course Dr. Kel will be getting a full report about this. I am sure he’ll have follow up questions for you Chief.

Corelli/Johnson: Response

With Winters walking away, it appears that the formal medical pieces had been closed off. Josh and Correli in better states then when they arrived.

Herrick: (smiling) So it seems like I’ll be back on my feet right away Chief. Perhaps we can do a second take on my first day. ::looking to Sasha:: With less explosive results.

Corelli/Johnson: Response

Herrick: Now, I keep hearing about signing the hull of the ‘Oumuamua. You wouldn’t happen to know where that spot is, do you?

Michele/Corelli/Johnson: Response

---

Tags! and TBC!

---