Maj Wes Greaves - Circle the Wagons

1 view

blackni...@hotmail.com

Aug 10, 2022, 9:00:08 AM8/10/22
to sb118-o...@googlegroups.com

 ((Aba Ara - Eesse Vessel))

Ecritier: ~If you see it again, then what shall be done? They feed upon our life force.~

Greaves: Our first step is to try and talk to them. To get them to stop of their own free will.

Brodie: That begs the question – are they attacking or are they feeding as part of a natural process?

The rustling of leaves was slightly louder as the female Eesse swayed and arched over the Stafleet contingent.

Ecritier: ~But they are not part of our natural process. This did not plague us until after the end of the last age. ~

Greaves: (Whispering to the team) It’s possible they picked up some hitchhikers along the way.

Basilia: My thoughts as well. I just hope that we can resolve the situation diplomatically.

Brodie: Response

Coloom: ~These creatures are not part of the Eesse life cycle. ::beat:: they secretly attack the Eesse and kill without showing themselves. Too much time has passed and too many dead from the illness these creatures pose to the Eesse. They must be removed.~

It was hard to tell with the way the Eesse communicated if Coloom was angry or just forceful in his assertions. The telepathic communication they used was already borderline overwhelming so intensity was a given. Still, Wes thought that the grand old tree felt something more.

Ecritier: ~Time for you has a different meaning. Perhaps the one Coloom touched could say. However, we know this is not normal and did not occur until recent days, and has never been a part of our lives for as long as the Great Memory has existed.~

Greaves: It may not seem like it, but that could be a good thing. If this other species isn’t settled in here they may be more willing to leave.

Basilia: Presuming that we can provide them a better alternative. It could be this species has their own struggle and that is why they have come here.

Brodie: Response

Coloom moved forward with a thundering step and leaned down to get closer to Greaves. Branches snaked out slowly but deliberately toward him and Wes felt a strong urge to back away. It took more willpower than he’d care to admit to avoid stepping back in the face of the enormous being.

Coloom: ~Greaves ::beat:: Violence is a last resort ::lowering a limb to Greaves shoulder:: However you know what is at stake here. ::beat:: do what you must to save our people.~

As soon as the branch touched his shoulder there was a flood of emotions that reverberated through his brain. While the Eesse’s telepathic speech had been nearly overwhelming the touch was on another level. Immediately his brain swam with the images of a thousand memories. Each punctuated with an intensity of feeling he’d never felt. The experience lasted for no more than a fraction of a second, but it was enough to make Wes stumble to the side, nearly losing his footing amidst the intense waves of feelings. When the branch did withdraw, he was left with the feeling of pain and remorse for the plight of the Eesse.

Isabelle rushed over and placed her arm around Greaves, helping to steady him and the Marine leaned into her heavily.

Basilia: Major, are you okay?

Brodie: Response

Greaves: I’m… I’m fine. I just need a second.

Ecritier: ~Our people are willing to help.~

Coloom: ::raising his limbs and leaves to the highest point:: ~Shepherds ::beat:: Greaves will take you to remove these unwanted from our great vessel. ::beat:: Follow his direction to purge the Eesse of this illness.~

Coloom lowered his limbs and canopy of shimmering leaves back down and looked to Greaves where Wes returned the look.

Greaves: Give us a chance to talk these others down. Get them to leave of their own accord. If that fails…

Ecritier: ~If that fails, then other methods will be used?~

Isabelle looked over to Alex and Wes.

Brodie: Response

Greaves: We’ll cross that bridge when we come to it then.

Ecritier: ~Very well. Then do as you have promised. And we will assist as needed.~

Basilia: Thank you.

Brodie/Coloom/Greaves: Response

Ecritier: ~For now, I will confer with my beloved and my people. If you have need of us, you need but call upon us.~

Coloom: Response

Basilia: Perhaps we should check in with the others, see if there are any updates on these life forms, something that can help us.

Brodie: Response

Greaves: Agreed. It’s past time we circled the wagons with the rest of the senior staff. Let’s get back to the ship.

Wes took several steps back away from the Eesse, motioning for his team to follow. Facing Ecritier and Coloom he spoke.

Greaves: We need to confer with others from our vessel, but we’ll be back with a plan. In the meantime, my engineering teams will start making repairs to your solar sails. You’ll be on your way to the great light in no time.

Coloom: Responses

With the team in place and a final nod toward the Eesse, the Marine reached up and tapped his badge twice.

Greaves: =/\= ‘Oumuamua, four to beam up. =/\=

[End Act 2 for Wes Greaves]

Major Wes Greaves
Executive Officer
Marine Detachment Commander