Ensign Josh Herrick: First day... done.

markanthonyparker

Jun 5, 2023, 7:08:07 PM6/5/23
to USS 'Oumuamua – StarBase 118 Star Trek PBEM RPG

OOC: I passed! Excited to see that we were at the top of the posts this month! <3)

((Sickbay, Deck 7, USS Oumuamua))

Rox:  ::teasingly::  V'Len likes to speak to the counselor regularly (beat) over dinner.

The corners of Josh’s mouth went up in an almost undetectable smile. He enjoyed good banter, and it seemed like Rox was able to serve teasing digs gracefully. He gave her a wink, hoping the good doctor wouldn’t notice. It was a good emotional shift from just moments ago.

Kel:  That's enough Rox.

Herrick: What are some popular off-duty activities onboard? I mean, once I can get this body moving again.

Kel:  Well there's the arboretum, pool and gym of course.  I have several holodeck mystery scenarios, perhaps you'd like to join me for one?

Herrick: A mystery program sounds great. I dabbled in holo-programming while I was planet side; it’s thoroughly enjoyable being on both sides — the writer and the character.

He thought back to his last program, which was a re-enactment of the 1896 Philippine revolution and subsequent Spanish and American war. He’d played both sides and found being on the ‘losing side’ equally as enthralling; learning from the mistakes made in history.

Rox:  Oooh the Holodeck.  ::waving a hand at V'Len dismissively::  You can do all that, but you can also do Oumuamua bingo (https://wiki.starbase118.net/wiki/index.php?title=USS_Oumuamua/Oumuamua_Bingo).

Herrick: (curiously) Bingo?

That hadn’t been part of his briefing package before he was assigned, nor did the Commodore mention anything about it. Thankfully, Rox continued on to clear it up.

Rox:  Well Ensign Promontory keeps the official list, but getting a "blue squale" is on the list.  You can see a show by this musician that  follows us around.  I think there's some kind of shuttle piloting thing.  Also eating in V'Airu's mess. There's a bunch.

Herrick: oO Squale? Stalker musicians? Oo

Josh suspected that this bingo may have found its footing through the JOPA or vice versa. His thoughts interrupted as the nurse further elaborated.

Rox:  You didn't hear it from me, but I've heard there is a place you can sign the hull.

Herrick: Really? ::his eyes widening a bit:: This ship seems pretty adventurous, even within the hull. I’ll have to track it down on my next adventure through the ship. I promise I’ll try to avoid being blown up again.

Trying to move his arm to make an oath like motion, he felt pain shoot sharply through his nervous system. It was enough to take the wind out of him.

Kel:  Ok.  Ensign.  I'm going to have to insist you get some rest before you get your start on the list.  We're going to leave you alone for a bit, but we'll be back to check on you shortly.  Let us know what you need.

Herrick: Doc, Rox. Thanks for fixing me up, and for the company. I truly appreciate it.

As the hypo hissed into his neck, he felt the effects of this one more prominently. The drab gray ceiling fading to black, giving his body the ability to focus fully on healing his injuries and, hopefully soon, readying him for his next shift in engineering.

[End Scene]

---

Ensign Josh Herrick

Engineering Officer