[Act Transition] Maj Wes Greaves – Directives

blackni...@hotmail.com

Aug 12, 2022, 12:54:54 PM8/12/22
to sb118-o...@googlegroups.com

 ((Conference Room, Deck 1, USS 'Oumuamua ))

Usually, Wes was among the first person to meetings, but for this one he was the last. A trick that he’d taken from an old CO of his. Being the last one in the room gave his subordinates time to chat and cross talk before the boss came in to start the meeting. Now it was a tactic he employed as the conference room doors slid open to reveal some of the ship’s senior staff already seated and waiting.

Greaves: Thanks for coming up team.

Rouiancet/Katsim/Corelli: Responses

The ship was still a couple of hours out from the source of ‘The Great Light’, and plenty of work had already been done in the last few hours just to get the Dome repaired and the universal translator working for the Suculese’s language. What the crew needed now was a plan forward, and that direction fell on Wes in V’Airu’s absence. Taking several steps into the conference room, Wes found his seat at the head of the table and sat, diving straight into the mission topic.

Greaves: My goal is to help both the Suculese and the Eesse if we can, but I’m not even sure if we can make that happen. I don’t want to fight the Suculese if we don’t have to. We’re lucky Berglijð has been working with us, but the other Suculese faction is still killing the Eesse.

Rouiancet/Katsim/Corelli: Responses

Greaves: Agreed. Same concerns here. They’ve both asked, so I want to help but not directly oppose either one. Here’s how I see that going. With the universal translator working better, and Berglijð willing to cooperate, I want our focus to be on synthesizing sap for the Suculese. Even better if we can cure their disease. Peri, I want you to take point on that research.

Katsim: Response

Greaves: Take Doctor Toz and Brodie with you and invite Berglijð to our labs. If we can give them a viable alternative to killing the Eesse maybe their other faction will stand down.

Katsim: Response

Greaves: In case that doesn’t work, Lia, I want you to take a team over to the Dome and set up a dampening field over the entire ship that’ll reveal the Suculese and their devices. I won’t fight the battle for them, but the least we can do is give the Eesse the chance to defend themselves.

Rouiancet: Response

Greaves: I hope it doesn’t come to that, but just in case Petty Officer Krik and Lieutenant Basilia would be smart to take.

Rouiancet: Response

The Marine motioned toward the screen on the side wall of the conference room. It was dark with nothing displayed, but Wes gestured to it anyway to indicate the computer.

Greaves: By now, you’ve probably all seen the probe data that’s come back from the signal location the the Dome is heading to. There’s one incongruency that I can’t get over. The population distribution suggests an agrarian or low-tech society, but the signal itself is advanced. I want to get eyes on to investigate what’s going on down there before the Eesse possibly land amongst a developing civilization.

Corelli: Response

Greaves: We’ll need the ‘Oumuamua’s resources close to the Dome, especially if the Suculese become violent. Kammus, we’ll go to emergency warp to beat the Eesse to the planet. Once there I plan to drop you off with a shuttle so the ‘Oumumua can return to its escort position. Once you’re in place and we’re back to the Dome, the other teams can start working on their tasks.

Corelli: Response

Greaves: You’ll probably need Ulasso more than we do for the shuttle. Take Lieutenant Kessler with you as well. See if there’s any indication of where that signal is coming from, or even what is transmitting it. Just… keep the Prime Directive in mind when it comes to the population.

Corelli: Response

Greaves: If things do come to blows with the Suculese we’ll need a way to defeat their phasic properties. The last encounter with their ship showed that our shields are ineffective.  I’ll hold down the fort on the bridge and see if we can’t address that shortfall.

His eyes moved from person to person before continuing.

Greaves: Any questions?

Rouiancet/Katsim/Corelli: Responses

OOC – More than willing to continue dialog here if anyone has anything they want to go through!

When the last comment had died away and Wes’s eyes scanned from person to person with no more comments he brought his hands down softly on the table’s edge.

Greaves: Well then, lets get to it. Dismissed.

With a faint smile Wes watched the three officers depart without getting up himself. Once the room was clear the Marine looked out the massive windows in the conference room, watching stars streak by before finally standing and heading to the bridge.

Tags

[End Scene for Greaves]

Major Wes Greaves
Executive Officer