Ensign Ayla Taylor - Contemplation

blackni...@hotmail.com

Aug 11, 2022, 11:43:05 AM8/11/22
to sb118-o...@googlegroups.com

((Bridge, Deck 1, USS 'Oumuamua ))

 She was so distracted by the conversation that Ayla almost missed what was happening on the viewscreen. With their sensors unable to see the spider-like vessel or the probes they had been relying entirely on the visual cameras. So much so that there was no alert on their consoles from the computer when the objects began to fade from view.

When Ayla did finally look up the last remnants of the ship and the objects had nearly become fully transparent. She stared at them for several seconds, blinking slowly as it all faded from view completely until there was no trace of the probe-things or the spider-ship at all.

Taylor: Wait, where’d they go?!

Cabrillo glanced from Ulasso to the viewscreen which displayed no sign of the alien probes. Glancing down at his console Cabrillo began to tap at the sensor display and saw nothing.

Nijal: No sign of them on any scanners. They just (beat) disappeared.

For now at least the Oumuamua was safe and not hostiles were in the area.

Kel:  Take us to yellow alert for now Ensign Cabrillo.  Ensign Vomek keep sending their sensor data back and include the tidbit about the sap.

Cabrillo: Yellow Alert, aye sir.

Ulasso: Lieutenant Kel. you most likely have the best knowledge of this sap. What's the next move?

Cabrillo cancelled Red Alert and transitioned the ship to condition yellow.

Taylor: Holding steady in formation with the Dome ship.

Nijal: Responses

Kel stood up.

Kel:  I'm going to the conference room to keep working through Toz's data.  Maybe we can add more details to our little ruse.  Lt. Ulasso you have the bridge.  (beat) And let me know before you do anything.

V'Len headed to the conference room at the front of the bridge and then disappeared through a set of doors.

Ayla turned in her seat to watch the change in the command chair. Ulasso seemed to pause briefly before setting down, his large frame making the chair look comically small. Before the Saurain had a change to issue any orders however Major Greaves’ voice sounded across a communication line.

Greaves: =/\= ‘Oumuamua, four to beam up. =/\=

Ulasso: =/\=Aye, Major, I think we have much to discuss. See you shortly, Ulasso out.  =/\=

Cabrillo: All decks reporting condition Yellow Lieutenant. Standing down phasers and torpedo systems.

Ulasso: And now we wait for the Major to return before making our next move. No need to be hasty and provoke them. As it is said, one moment of patience can lead to 10 years of peace. Nice work today, everyone.

The young helmswoman leaned back in the helm and stared up at the viewscreen. The Dome ship with it’s golden-bronze wings sailed through the cosmos with the spider-ship no where in sight. They all knew though, that it was there still. Hiding, but present. Probably watching them. Waiting.

After a time of silence of staring, she finally spoke.

Taylor: What’dya think they’re thinking over there?

Nijal: Responses

[End of scene for Ayla Taylor]

Ensign Ayla Taylor
Helm Officer