Lt. JG Ulasso- Truth Assassins

Waldo

Aug 10, 2022, 2:43:13 PM8/10/22
to sb118-o...@googlegroups.com
Ulasso: Perhaps we could offer them a batch of our own homemade, synthesized sap as a gesture of peace. Your plate of cookies, Ensign.

Zi nodded enthusiastically.

Taylor: Is that even possible?

Nijal: And if it is, how do we tell them we have the sap?

Kel:  Actually I don't know that we need to make any.  Ensign Vomek, follow Ensign Cabrillo's suggestion to send back the same data the probes are, but sneak in the fact that we have 11 kiloliters of sap synthesized.

Cabrillo: Responses

Vomek:  Even if we could make that much where are we going to put it.

V'Len took a deep breath.

Kel:  It’s a ruse.  We don't need to have sap, we just need them to think their probes are telling them we do.  Ensign Nijal, have engineering set up emitters to send out Epsilon waves.  They aren't overly harmful and it may create the illusion we have some of the sap on board.  Ensign Cabrillo, make sure a security detail is nearby the emitters, just in case we have guests.

It was an interesting plan to Ulasso. Ulasso had actually wanted to give them sap. He wondered if they thought they had that much, they might attack. Or when they found out they were lying, it would derail their attempt at peace. That being said, they were having trouble getting these aliens to talk, and this was a large piece of bait on a hook. It might just do the trick. Ulasso only hoped that destroying the truth didn't destroy diplomatic relations entirely. He was about to voice his concern to Lt. Kel when Taylor brought forth some shocking news.

Taylor: Wait, where’d they go?!

UIasso looked at the viewscreen.  While they had been strategizing, the probes and ship had simply disappeared.

Nijal: No sign of them on any scanners. They just (beat) disappeared.

Ulasso watched as V'Len stood up. He seemed relieved that the ships were gone, even though it was possible they were still around and just out of phase again.

Kel:  Take us to yellow alert for now Ensign Cabrillo.  Ensign Vomek keep sending their sensor data back and include the tidbit about the sap.

Ulasso:  Lieutenant Kel. you most likely have the best knowledge of this sap. What's the next move?

Taylor/Cabrillo/Nijal: Responses

Kel stood up.

Kel:  I'm going to the conference  room to keep working through Toz's data.  Maybe we can add more details to our little ruse.  Lt. Ulasso you have the bridge.  (beat) And let me know before you do anything.

V'Len headed to the conference room. Ulasso tried to walk as confidently towards the command chair as he could. He assumed all eyes were on him. He ran his large purple hand over the armrest of the chair. It was his first time in command on the bridge of a starship, and the moment's significance was not wasted on him. He settled into the chair, surveyed the bridge, took a deep breath to steady his nerves, and was about to give his first command when a voice interrupted.

Greaves: =/\= ‘Oumuamua, four to beam up. =/\=

Ulasso: =/\=Aye, Major, I think we have much to discuss. See you shortly, Ulasso out.  =/\=

Ulasso was relieved the Major was returning. They had gathered a good amount of data about the ongoing situation. In his opinion, they needed to all meet, combine their findings and knowledge, and plan their next steps to solve this ongoing crisis.

Ulasso:  Ensign Nijal, please transport the Major and his team back onboard. Cabrillo, keep scanning for the spider ship and probe periodically, modifying for the chronitons as needed. Taylor, hold our position but be ready to get us out of here if those probes come at us again. Vomek, you have your orders from Lt. Kel, carry on.

Taylor/Cabrillo/Nijal: Responses

Ulasso was feeling the pressure of leadership already. He felt pressed to say something meaningful. He dug deep for some wisdom from Ulaini. He visualized her sitting next to him on the bridge, and he felt that he could almost hear her speaking to him. After a moment, he turned his attention back to the crew.

Ulasso: And now we wait for the Major to return before making our next move. No need to be hasty and provoke them. As it is said, one moment of patience can lead to 10 years of peace. Nice work today, everyone.

Taylor/Cabrillo/Nijal: Responses

[End scene for Ulasso]

Lt. JG Ulasso
(HCO) Officer