Senior Chief Miash: Notes

Erik Johnson

Dec 18, 2023, 7:39:13 PM12/18/23
to USS 'Oumuamua – StarBase 118 Star Trek PBEM RPG

(( Sickbay, Deck 7, USS ‘Oumuamua ))

Toz: Nurse, only if you are absolutely sure. (beat) I advise against it.

Rouiancet: (with a shrug) I'm not thrilled, either, but I don't have another idea, either.

Brzezinski: Still, I don’t know that we have enough data to make a good decision. The transfer of the Ensign from some sort of noncorporeal realm to a telepathic realm is, as far as I’m aware, unprecedented.

Miash: It was only a suggestion, I know I’m not expendable, but we’ll need the rest of you here in case things get worse. ::looking down at the ensign:: The poor dear needs our help.

Toz: Responses

Nirid: I should note that Ensign Nilsen wanted to be there. He seems to have some sort of affinity for the formerly Bajoran entities. They appear to trust him. Although I cannot explain why they chose him and not a telepathic member of the crew.

Rouiancet: Then perhaps they would also be more willing to relinquish him to another non-telepathic individual. Assuming we could find a way to connect them to the dream, this mindscape.

Brzezinski: (looking at the monitors) I’m detecting an increase in activity amongst the telepaths.

Miash: ::looking through the other vitals:: His other vitals remain unchanged.

Toz: Responses

Nirid: How can I help?

Rouiancet: Well, perhaps--

V'Airu: Help! Help me!

Miash: You’re Ok commodore, you’re in sickbay with friends.

Toz / Nirid: Responses

Brzezinski: Oh, all the telepaths are waking up! (beat, checking readings) But not the Ensign.

Horque: Where kid?

Almor: Did he not make it? I thought he was with the three of us!

Rouiancet: (quietly) C'mon, Ensign.

Brzezinski: (reading the monitors) Still flatlined—no conscious activity.

Miash rushed over to the head of the biobed, she hoped for anything to change, but the ensigns states showed no change, like this vessel of a body was just that, an empty vessel.

Miash took a moment to look into the faces of every officer present, feeling as helpless as they must have felt at that moment.

Miash: What other choice do we have? ::looking at Dr. Toz:: I’m ready to go in, it might help to have another non-telepath.

Toz / Nirid: Responses

Almor: What is it Commodore?

V'Airu: Response

Miash watched as Viva turned back to them with a solemn look.

Toz / Rouiancet / Nirid: Response

Brzezinski: I don’t know if that would work, but I’m game to try.

Horque: Try something!

Toz / Rouiancet / Nirid / V’Airu: Response

Rivka activated the neurostimulator and cranked up the device to its highest setting.

Brzezinski: Ready to go!

Almor: Wait!

The officers were caught in a loop. Miash started scrolling through the ensigns personal records to find something that might help. She came across a playlist that seemed curated and inclusive. There was one song that seemed to keep have a lot of plays.

Miash: What if….

Miash selected the song with the most plays and turned up the volume, the others seemed still engrossed in their analysis. The music began to play as the room’s voices were gently washed out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TR3Vdo5etCQ

Miash: What do we have to lose.

Toz / Rouiancet / Nirid / V’Airu:

TBC / Tags!