Lt. JG Isabelle Basilia - Here We Disappear Again

1 view

Andrew Jamieson

Aug 12, 2022, 5:21:02 AM8/12/22
to USS 'Oumuamua – StarBase 118 Star Trek PBEM RPG
((Aba Ara - Eesse Vessel))

Greaves: Give us a chance to talk these others down. Get them to leave of their own accord. If that fails…

Ecritier: ~If that fails, then other methods will be used?~

Isabelle looked over to Alex and Wes, unsure on how to answer. Would they have to resort to violence to remove these life forms? Isabelle truly hoped that would not be the case, that they could be reasoned with.

Brodie: Hopefully it won’t come to that…

Greaves: We’ll cross that bridge when we come to it then.

Ecritier: ~Very well. Then do as you have promised. And we will assist as needed.~

Basilia: Thank you.

Coloom: ~We are sorry this burden falls on you now Greaves. I am not able to stand along side you against this unknown. ::beat:: the illness that has taken so many Eesse from us tries to eat at my own self. You must save my people.~

Brodie: We’ll do everything we can.

Isabelle looked from Alex and to the Eesse, her lips pressed together and she nodded in agreement with the Counselor.

Ecritier: ~For now, I will confer with my beloved and my people. If you have need of us, you need but call upon us.~

Coloom: ~Yes, we must confer with our people.~

Basilia: Perhaps we should check in with the others, see if there are any updates on these life forms, something that can help us.

Brodie: Sounds like a wise move – perhaps there’s a way we can end this, if not without action, then without bloodshed?

Greaves: Agreed. It’s past time we circled the wagons with the rest of the senior staff. Let’s get back to the ship.

Out of her periphery Isabelle saw the Major take several steps back and motioned for Alex and her to follow. Isabelle followed suit, taking a few steps back as Wes faced the Eesse.

Greaves: We need to confer with others from our vessel, but we’ll be back with a plan. In the meantime, my engineering teams will start making repairs to your solar sails. You’ll be on your way to the great light in no time.

Coloom: ::bending slightly towards Greaves:: ~You I trust to save my people.~

Wes gave the Eesse a final nod and reached up, tapping his combadge. There was a chirp indicating that a line was open.

Greaves: =/\= ‘Oumuamua, four to beam up. =/\=

The shimmering blue beam began to envelop Isabelle, the forms of the Eesse slowly disappearing in front of her. For the second time she was leaving the dome ship and the Eesse behind, but at least this time it was not a sudden departure. As she dematerialised Isabelle hoped that they would be able to keep their word and find a peaceful solution. She didn’t much like the idea of the alternative.

[End Act 2 for Isabelle Basilia]

Lieutenant JG Isabelle Basilia
Security Officer
USS ‘Oumuamua