Ensign Herrick: Early Morning B n' E

markanthonyparker

Jun 18, 2023, 9:29:11 PM6/18/23
to USS 'Oumuamua – StarBase 118 Star Trek PBEM RPG

(( Tyber’s Quarters, Deck 7, USS-‘Oumuamua ))

Josh had just stepped into the shared quarters of Tyber and Dahlquist. He had thought about silencing the alarm but decided against it. As the doors opened, he saw the Klingon move a bit and grunt in his sleep.

Herrick: oO Is that normal Klingon sleeping? Is it normal to ignore wake up alarms? Should I do something…? Oo

Perez: Can I be of assistance?

Herrick was surprised when he heard the voice of the petty officer behind him. Under different circumstances, this probably looked like breaking and entering.

Herrick: Um… I’m not sure. ::looking backward:: This wake up alarm is going off ::motions around the room:: and no one answered the chime or knock so I’m just trying to figure out what’s up.

He walked closer to the sleeping Klingon.

Herrick: (concerned) Tyber?... Ensign?... Charles?...

Tyber: :: Shouts in his sleep ::  DONT CALL ME CHARLIE.

Perez: Sir, should I call for security?

Herrick was wondering who Perez was intending security for, the actual intruder or the more verbal Klingon who still hadn’t actually woken up.

Herrick: I don’t think it hurts to wake him up. Worst case scenario, he’s just missed his alarm.

Josh moved closer and placed his hand on the man’s shoulder, trying to nudge him awake.

Herrick: (a bit more loudly) Ensign Tyber? Are you ok?

Perez: Perhaps you should let them sleep?

As Josh felt a hand rest on his back, perhaps a gesture of trying to pull him out of a situation he clearly wasn’t prepared to handle, the Klingon awoke. He sprung into a stance, glancing between each of the uninvited officers in his quarters.

Tyber: Who are you? No. It doesn't matter you're not real I am still asleep.

Herrick: It’s Ensign Herrick and…

He looked over at the other party that was with them, and realized that they hadn’t actually exchanged introductions.

Perez: Response

Tyber: Prove it. Do something that my mind would not think of.

Herrick: (caught offguard) Uh…

Josh wasn’t quite sure what to do; he definitely thought that pinching the Klingon was out of the question. He had not wanted to be bat'leth’d to death in the middle of the night, or ever for that matter.

Perez: Response

Herrick repeated the action, hoping that this would be enough. However, when Tyber looked at them it was still full of suspicion. It obviously hadn’t been enough for the warrior to consider them ‘trusted allies’ yet.

Tyber: How did you get in here anyway. Who are you.

Herrick: We’re your shipmates. I think you set up a wake-up alarm? I had heard it but it hadn’t been shut off and when I attempted to politely wake you it wasn’t working. Your quarters weren’t locked so I thought better safe than sorry.

This seemed to satisfy the security officer, but he was now not-so-subtly directing them to the exit.

Tyber: Well, thank you for waking me. I was having a :: beat :: bad dream... You must be a very brave man to approach a Klingon, even more so to try and wake him.  You Must have Klingon blood in you.

Herrick: Thank you for the honor. ::bowing his head slightly:: Have a… glorious morning.

Perez: Response

((Deck 7, USS-‘Oumuamua ))

As the doors slid behind them, Herrick released his breath and a bit of the tension that he’d been holding in. It had been stressful, but he was glad there wasn’t anything wrong with Tyber.

Herrick: Thank you for your help in there.

Perez: Response

Herrick: That’s a good point. I guess I didn’t want to inconvenience anyone but… I’m sure it wasn’t a good look. I had a bad gut feeling, but I’ll try to be mindful of protocol going forward. Are we able to keep this between us?

Josh held his hands up.

Herrick: I swear Perez, I was only thinking about his best interests.

Perez: Response

[End scene for Herrick]

---

Ensign Josh Herrick