Grand Patriarch Coloom Violence is a last resort

can...@gmail.com

Aug 11, 2022, 9:41:55 AM8/11/22
to sb118-o...@googlegroups.com

((Aba Ara - Eesse Vessel))

Coloom lowered his limbs and canopy of shimmering leaves back down and looked to Greaves. He did not feel the need to say anything more to the tiny creature. All had been said that needed to be and Coloom felt reassured that Greaves and his people would remove these unwanted creatures before more Eesse died from the illness that slowly killed them from within.

Greaves: Give us a chance to talk these others down. Get them to leave of their own accord. If that fails…

Ecritier: ~If that fails, then other methods will be used?~

These words hurt Coloom to hear Ecritier say. Violence was something the Eesse strived to stay away from and worked very hard at maintaining a harmony with the balance of life in all things. He knew that his thoughts, his despair and pain for what was happening to the Eesse was affecting his beloved and she was not happy that he would have jumped to this decision with consulting her. They had always consulted on all matters but this time Coloom acted out of pain and despair. His own roots feeling the root of disease made things worse and it made him angry.

Brodie: Response

Greaves: We’ll cross that bridge when we come to it then.

Ecritier: ~Very well. Then do as you have promised. And we will assist as needed.~

Basilia: Thank you.

Coloom: ~We are sorry this burden falls on you now Greaves. I am not able to stand along side you against this unknown. ::beat:: the illness that has taken so many Eesse from us tries to eat at my own self. You must save my people.~

Brodie/Greaves: Response

Ecritier: ~For now, I will confer with my beloved and my people. If you have need of us, you need but call upon us.~

Coloom: ~Yes, we must confer with our people.~

Basilia: Perhaps we should check in with the others, see if there are any updates on these life forms, something that can help us.

Brodie: Response

Greaves: Agreed. It’s past time we circled the wagons with the rest of the senior staff. Let’s get back to the ship.

Wes took several steps back away from the Eesse, motioning for his team to follow. Facing Ecritier and Coloom he spoke.

Greaves: We need to confer with others from our vessel, but we’ll be back with a plan. In the meantime, my engineering teams will start making repairs to your solar sails. You’ll be on your way to the great light in no time.

Coloom: ::bending slightly towards Greaves:: ~You I trust to save my people.~

With the team in place and a final nod toward the Eesse, the Marine reached up and tapped his badge twice.

Greaves: =/\= ‘Oumuamua, four to beam up. =/\=

Coloom watched as a coloful shimmering wind encircled the tiny little creatures and in the breeze, they vanished from his sight. To ride on the wind in that manner must be an incredible thing he thought to himself. Slowly he turned back to Ecritier, the look upon her told him she did not approve of his actions without her. He knew no words were needed, she felt his pain as he felt hers. The light had finally revealed itself and with the tiny creatures fighting for the Eesse he hoped that they would soon be to their new home. He took a deep breath and looked from Ecritier to the his people and then to the shinning star above. He hoped he would see that new home.

Coloom: ~Let the Eesse come together to confer.~

Coloom reached a limb out to his beloved and awaited her as the Eesse began to draw nearer to the two.

Ecritier: Response

Tags

{End of scene for Coloom}

Grand Patriarch Coloom