Ensign Herrick: Sapra-NO 🎵

markanthonyparker

Jun 22, 2023, 9:36:48 PM6/22/23
to USS 'Oumuamua – StarBase 118 Star Trek PBEM RPG

OOC: Finishing out my tags :)

(( Deck 7, Sickbay USS ‘Oumuamua ))

All the ‘commotion’ in Sickbay was wrapping up now that the ship’s caretakers had received their own tune up. It seemed to Josh like the Chief was making a quick exit now that Winters had finished off his treatment.

Johnson: Abandoning us then?

Corelli: Yes, well. I will see you all on the next shift; and don't forget the ship's song!

An eyebrow went up on the youngest of the three. He was familiar with the Federation’s sea/space shanties but he hadn’t heard of ‘local’ ones.

Herrick: (just in Sasha’s earshot) … The ‘Oumuamua has a song?

This elicited a genuine laugh from Sasha; Josh saw a reminiscent look cross her face.

Johnson: Oh yes, quite serious.  There really is a song.

Herrick decided to try a guess the lyrics.

Herrick: 🎵 Here’s to the ‘muamuAA.🎵

As Johnson clapped her hand on Herrick’s back, there was a tinge of pain that elicited a higher note that he had intended – not that it was noticed with how tone deaf he was. He did see a few others in Sickbay cringe at his dulcet tones.

As the pair started to leave the Sickbay and head towards the holodeck, he was glad that his prescribed light duty gave him a chance to interact with and get to know another crewmate better.

Johnson: Come on, I’ll teach it to you while we work.

Herrick: ::winking::🎵SoUNds like a PLAnnnn!.🎵

[End Scene for Herrick]