Commodore Taybrim - Clean Up Project

1 view

Jamie LeBlanc

May 31, 2023, 6:46:03 PM5/31/23
to SB118

((CO’s Ready Room – USS Narendra))

(Time index – the next morning after the battle)

By morning things had become rather organized.  The Narendra and the Rahuba had been joined by the Avalon-A and the Tribal, making quite the defensive fleet for repairs, medical efforts and the processing of the cultists.

Miranda VII lay empty save for a few Starfleet work crews in the docking bays.  Everyone else was evacuated or removed in one way or another, and the station sat empty ready to be picked apart.

No one had any clue how deep Terra Prime’s tendril’s had gotten in the two years they had occupied Miranda VII.  Only that its empty husk was full of unknown, looming dangers left behind.

He was seated at his desk, drinking cider when the door chime rang.

Taybrim: Come in.

McLaren: ?

He stood and waved her to a chair.  This was a pre-communicated meeting, expected by both parties, to discuss the clean up of Miranda VII.

Taybrim: Preliminary reattachment is going well.  You did a good job with those fighters and keeping both the saucer section and the Rahuba safe.

He smiled, gently, honestly.  He meant it.  He trusted her.

McLaren: ?

Taybrim: All in all, I think it went as well as could be expected. Now we have all the loose ends to tie up.

McLaren: ?

He drew in a berath and passed over the PADDwork of the preliminary security scans of Miranda VII.

Taybrim: We have two weeks before we are required, as per a previous agreement, to turn the station back over to its original owner Vintam Dalreth.  Two weeks to get as much information and evidence about Terra Prime as we possibly can.

It was a big project.  A daunting project.

And potentially an extremely important project.

As his dark gaze met her bright eyes the importance sank in.  Not only was it information on Terra prime – but everything in periphery to them.  Who sold them weapons, gave them support – and possibly even who was the mole in the Intel Tower?

McLaren: ?

Taybrim: When you stay onsite or not, I’d like you to oversee this project.  I don’t want critical information to go missing again.

Missing information was a great way to get set up for failure – and they had already seen that failure led to innocent people dying.  Both of them knew this.

McLaren: ?

Taybrim: What do you need from me?

McLaren: ?

~*~
tags/tbc
~*~

Commodore Sal Taybrim
Commanding Officer

StarBase 118 Ops

"Why do we fly? Because we have dreamt of it for so long that we must"

~Julian Beck

E239010ST0