Marine Cpt Luthas - Safety first

bergsman.sc

May 16, 2022, 3:09:06 AM5/16/22
to StarBase 118 Ops a Star Trek PBEM RPG

((Ruby - Cockpit))

Luthas: I didn’t say that. Can’t take a gift back once it’s been given.

DeVeau: I suppose it wouldn’t be good form.

Alora  tapped the button on the box he’d hunched over and the lid slid open, revealing more of the same armaments that had been contained in the other boxes.

DeVeau: So…shall we get started?

::His eyes roved over the boxes, mentally taking a count of what was provided. ::

Luthas: Give me a bit. Want to see what’s all here first.

Alora leaned over to peer into the box, then straightened again.

DeVeau: I just have one request.

By this point Luthas had squatted down and was rummaging carefully through the box. He peered up at her questioningly.

Luthas: Yes?

DeVeau: You get to do the main stuff, but let me explode at least *one* building.

That got a grin out of him.

Luthas: You want me to walk you through it properly or just give you instructions?

DeVeau: ?

He snorted and stood up.

Luthas: This is part of my job. As fun as it always is to blow stuff up, if you don’t do it right you’re going to either blow yourself or others up along with the stuff you intended to blow up.

DeVeau: ?

Luthas: Oh I have lots of bloody, gorey stories. You don’t get through training with this stuff without a mile and a half long list of examples of why not to take this stuff lightly. Some of which was in the moment.

DeVeau: ?

He rubbed the irregular pockmarked like scaring on his left cheek.

Luthas: Nah, this was from before Starfleet and it was purposeful. Though not by me obviously. Was on the wrong end of some kind of mortar shell.

He’d been very lucky that all he ended up with was superficial scarring and ruined goggles rather than a lost eye or worse.

DeVeau: ?

Marine Captain Luthas
Marine Combat Engineer
Starbase 118 Ops