Chief Engineer Ya'faemi - I feel my blood pressure rising

bergsman.sc

Mar 21, 2022, 1:42:14 AM3/21/22
to StarBase 118 Ops a Star Trek PBEM RPG
((Si’Laan Migration Ship - Engineering))

Ya’faemi: :: Chipperly:: We always keep them close at hand cause you never know.

Hael: Lead’on missy. ::yep, hope he didn’t insult them. Not top pick for first contact…. Ever. Just good at engines. Hence the only reason he was likely sent off ship in this moment.::

Velix: ::quietly, to Hael:: You can’t call her Missy. It got a warning for bad conduct when I called someone sweetheart. Well, not *me*, but… eh.

Ya’faemi: :: Not listening. :: This way.

She led the way into the core area and stopped in front of a console.

Hael: Tell us wha’ to do. ::there was a sense of urgency but also assurance in his tone.::

Ya’faemi: You just need to pull the levels down.

Hael: We can do tha’ - ::he nodded.:: Start on tha' side ::he said to Neeya.:: Jus' pull and turn? ::he confirmed.::

Ya’faemi: Yes but carefully.

Velix: Easy.

Ya’faemi hopped up and grabbed one of the levers and sunk down, allowing her body weight to pull the lever down and in place for the manual reset or purge.

Velix: Oops. I.. broke the ship.

Ya’faemi looked over at that comment and let out a very high pitched squeal of shock and anger and ran over to the broken lever, jostling Velix in her efforts to get to the damaged part.

Ya’faemi: What did you do you... you... nutless buffoon! You broke my ship!

Her words descended into squeeks of outrage before swapping into general upset.

Hael: We can fix it - ::he hurriedly assured the other chief.::

Ya’faemi: You better! You said you were here to help and you’ve gone and done this!

Velix: Looks like we need something - do you mind if I get Y’zyr to replicate something and get him to help?

Hael: Hypospanner ::lightbulb.:: Reckon it’ll fit righ’ in ther’ an’ we can use it jus’ like’a handle.

She crossed her arms and glared angrily at them, though given her expression was hidden behind her suit’s helmet, who knew if they actually saw it.

Velix: That’s an idea - Thanks boss. ::pause:: Uh, maybe prepare our new friend for what he… uh.. looks like.

Hael: ::chuckled.:: Make it quick though ::he nodded to her then turned to the Risu engineer.:: Less keep on, keepin’ on eh?

 She narrowed her eyes at him before harumphing.

Ya’faemi: As long as she keeps away from the rest of the levers. I don’t want this to happen again.

She couldn’t loose any more time to being angry after all. She and the more delicate handling Hael continued to pull the levers until all but the one that was broken was left, setting her once again on edge.

Y’zyr:  ::entering the area in engineering behind Velix::  The hyperspanner you required, sir.

Hael:  Thank’ya ::he took the offered tool.::.

Ya’faemi:  And you are?

This new person had a different helmet than the others, though maybe that was because he was a different species from them? The leader Dal had indicated that there were many different species among their Federation.

Y’zyr:  Ensign Y’zyr.  Good to meet you.

Hael took the part and used it in the broken socket.

Y’zyr:  How can I help?

Ya’faemi:  We need to begin the resetting process for the core to fix the damage caused by the storm.

Really only part of the damage but it was the most major piece.

Hael: Do ya got’s anythin’ to reinforce them weakened areas from radiation?

Ya’faemi: We do have spare wall material that is rated high enough to patch things until a custom fit can be made.

It would look like a bad patch job but it would work. Not like they could stop at the nearest planet and pick up a pack of radiation shields on the fly.

Velix/Y’zyr: ?
Hael: Wha’s abou’ deflectors, I wasn’ able to tell none if’n yer ship has anythin’ like tha’. Bu’ if’n ya do, migh’n be able to create a….. Uh… bubble ::he used his hands to help describe what he meant.:: round yer ship.

She frowned at that suggestion, her furry brow wrinkling as she tried to picture it.

Ya’faemi: Like a hologram projected around the ship? How can that be energy efficient.

Velix/Y’zyr/Hael: ?

Ya’faemi: The ship’s outer shell is made of materials that shield it from space debris, cosmic rays and other such hazards. But there isn’t an energy field that protects the ship, no.

Velix/Y’zyr/Hael: ?

Ya’faemi: It’s not meant to handle stuff that’s this bad. :: She rubbed the back of her suit’s helmet since she couldn’t scratch her actual ear. :: I didn’t want to come this way at all. I’d warned them that it was a bad idea but I was ignored.

They would probably understand the feeling of warning someone that it was a bad idea and having your warning not be taken seriously.

Velix/Y’zyr/Hael: ?

MSNPC Ya’faemi
Chief Engineer
Si’Laan Colony