Cwm. Ithri Sh'shelor - "Not You Again"

Amanda Nordstrom

May 13, 2022, 12:40:13 PM5/13/22
to StarBase 118 Ops – UFOP: StarBase 118

((Starbase 118, The Tower, Tito's work space))

Ithri arched into the stretch, the satisfying pull on her back and legs indicative that she was doing it properly.  It eased some of the soreness, stimulated the blood flow, as well as the workings of the internal system that had basically replaced some of the nerves which had been damaged.  It didn’t completely prevent pain from happening on occasion, but it did help keep flare ups from happening quite so often.

It was a routine for her by then.  Eight years of it, and it was so ingrained that should something prevent her from doing so, she would have a strange situation of just plain ‘wrongness’ that would haunt her until she did so.  Other than the physical therapy it provided, it was also therapeutic in other ways.  It was a time to stop, to breathe, and to set the day - and later on, it would help her relax at the end of it.

Tito: =/\= Lieutenant Tito to Crewman Sh’shelor.

The voice infused itself in the middle of her reverie.  She wasn’t really thinking about anything.  In truth, she was simply focused on the physical sensation the motions gave.  The sound of that voice irritated her and she wasn’t quite sure why.  Slowly straightening, she answered.

Sh’shelor: =/\= I am here, Lieutenant.=/\=

Tito: =/\= I  am sorry to bother you Crewman, but I would like to ask for your assistance on a matter. Would it be possible for us to meet? I can join you anywhere you wish.

Assistance from her?  From the way he addressed, she assumed it was a matter of duty.  If that was the case, she wouldn’t say no.

Sh’shelor: =/\= What sort of assistance?=/\=

That didn’t mean she wasn’t going to ask for more details, though.

Tito: =/\= It isn't exactly related to Station Security, but I would rather discuss it in person.

That was fair.  If he was calling her over the main channel, then it was likely not a secure transmission - and since he didn’t wish to discuss it over the line, she suspected it was sensitive in nature.

Sh’shelor: =/\=I will meet you. If it is related to our duty and private in nature, then we should meet in a conference room in the tower.  It will be secure.  =/\=

Unless it was personal in nature and if it was, Ithri couldn’t fathom why it would be.  She did not know anyone by the name of ‘Tito’.

Tito: =/\=?

Sh’shelor: =/\=Then in one hour.=/\=

Tito: =/\=?

With that the line closed.  That would give Ithri time to finish her routine, change into her uniform, and be on time for this impromptu meeting.  As she continued the motions, her mind was not quite so still as before but rather, the entire time she couldn’t help but ponder over what this Lieutenant Tito wished to speak to her about.

She had no idea, and wouldn’t find out until they met.  After finishing her stretches, Ithri set about preparing, slipping into her uniform and then setting out for the Tower.  Technically, she would be on duty an hour after said meeting was set to start, so she wouldn’t have to worry about rushing.  Moving into a lift, she gave the command and a few moments later, she was on the proper level and stepped through to the tower.  She made her way down the hall to the indicated room and stepped forward, the doors parting to allow her access.

What she found was not at all what she expected.  Halting as soon as the doors closed behind her, she stared at the man.  The face was familiar, the same dark hair, the same hard expression, the steely, dark eyes.  Immediately, Ithri’s antennae moved in irritation and her own expression became more like stone as she stared at the man in front of her.

Sh’shelor: You.

Tito: ?

--
Crewman Ithri Sh'shelor