Lieutenant Tito: Too far gone.

Bruno Abreu

May 28, 2023, 6:57:41 PM5/28/23
to StarBase 118 Ops a Star Trek PBEM RPG
((USS Narendra, Saucer section, Battle Bridge))

Again tapping in the fire tab, Tito released a torpedo salvo, one of fighters cleared the way, as the second tried to get into a good fire solution.
Tito quickly targeted him, replying to fire.

Tito: Pesky fighters. We have to deal with them.

Taybrim: Pull away and come around.  I was primary fire on the Scuttor, get the shields down.

Nayavi: Understood.

The Ensign targeted the Orion Scuttor as Tito fired a phaser volley against the Farussi.

Tito: Aye Sir.

They flipped around the Farussi, receiving some disruptor fire as they were brought to position. Nayavi let Tito take over.

Taybrim: Now, Tito!  Hit that Scuttor hard!

Tito nodded and fired the phaser and unleashed a torpedo spread. It opened them to fire reply from the Farussi, and the bridge shook.

Taybrim: Evasive maneuvers, keep firing on the fighters!

With the smaller ones in sight Tito opened fire.

Tito: Firing Sir.

Looking for cover the smaller fighters tried to conceal themselves beneath the Farussi, Tito was looking for the Scuttor when the Commodore spoke.

Taybrim: No.  Target the smallest Drussi-class fighter.  Full forward torpedoes.

Tito raised his head surprised. That was a bit of an overkill.

Nayavi: Target locked in. ::she looked at Tito::

He did not hesitate and opened fire.

Tito: Firing.

As the data reached his console Tito smiled. It was overkill, but they weren't just killing the fighters. The Commodore’s quick thinking had them puncture a huge blow on the Farussi’s weak side.

The torpedo spread went through the Drussi-class fighter like a hot knife through butter. Not just obliterating the fighter but it knocked out the other two of course.
And the impact of the explosion hit the Farussi's shield grid, that started to flicker and drop.

Taybrim: Keep an eye on that Scuttor…

Tito: On target Sir.

The Scuttor limped back for a final stand as the Farussi left its fighters behind and retreated towards the Jenatris cloud.

Nayavi: They are getting away.

Taybrim: response

Tito: They are going into the cloud. They're too damaged for that.  We have to get them before their warp core breaches and we have a massive explosion.

Taybrim: response

Nayavi: We will deal with the Scuttor. ::she looked at the more experienced officer for confirmation::

Tito nodded and targeted the Scuttor, ready to fire when ordered. He looked at the power levels.

Tito: Commodore, we could try and catch the Farussi with our tractor beam before it goes too deep into the cloud.

Taybrim: response

Tito tapped in a few commands as the scuttor got in range. One of the other two fighters also appeared to made a comeback and was now heading towards them.

Tito: Scuttor and one of the Drussi targeted. We need to get closer to the Farussi.

Taybrim/Nayavi: response

Tito nodded more to himself than to the Commodore since he didn’t raised his head from the console. Quickly he opened fire. The Scuttor was already damaged and couldn’t evade the phaser and torpedo fire that engulfed it in an explosion. The Drussi managed to evade the first phaser fire, but the second caught it on it’s port side and the impact left it rolling uncontrollably in space as plasma leaked from it, leaving a trail as it passed.

Quickly turning its attention to the Farussi, Tito frowned and shouted.

Tito: Dammit, I can’t catch them. The Farussi is too far away.

Taybrim/Nayavi: response

TAG/TBC

Lt. Vitor R.S.Tito
Intelligence Officer