MSNPC Mark Rodrega - More annoyances

piet...@gmail.com

Jun 30, 2024, 3:01:23 PM (5 days ago) Jun 30
to sb11...@googlegroups.com

((Science Labs, Central Biodome, Miri IVa))

McLaren: You said you put in a request for the plants. Correct?

Did they have to keep going back on everything inconsequential, instead of finding out how to fix this?

Rodrega: Yes, I told you so already.

McLaren: You made these requests roughly 8 months ago?

Rodrega: Yes, things often take longer on worlds like this. They are not exactly a priority.

McLaren: Strange then that not only were the requests withdrawn, they were subsequently erased. :: She paused, crossing her arms. :: You wouldn't happen to know anything about that, would you?

The newcomer coughed, rather obnoxiously.

Rodrega: No, I do not. Why does this matter? Don’t you Starfleet types have anything more useful to do then trying to pin blame on people trying to do their job?

Ross: Calibration initiated. Looks like the scans are being prepared.

Hael: It’ll take jus’a minute… Or less. ::as it finished.:: Gonna begin scannin’...

The newcomers accent was starting to get on his nerves, it was annoying to focus to listen to him. However, he seemed intent to do his job, which was more then could be sent from the woman with the odd hair. He turned away from her, and moved back to the equipment.

Rodrega: Finally someone who does a job, instead of diverting the attention away from it.

McLaren: ?

Ross: Something coming in?

Hael: Yea’.... I’d be sayin’ so. :he looked to Sol.:: Hey Sol, year gonna wanna look at this…

Rodrega looked at it, and it was clear right away that the mutations had advanced even more, and now they were secreting toxins throughout their root systems as well. He cursed.

McLaren/Ross: ?

Hael: Yer wavelength is gonna have’ta go all the way to the roots I be thinkin’.

Rodrega: It will have to, and throughout the colony all at once. What do you have in equipment that can do that?

McLaren/Ross: ?

Hael: Maybe we can use this like a deflector, snedin’ ou’ a wide band to ge’ ev’rythin’ at once.

McLaren/Ross: ?

Rodrega: Do they even teach basic science in Starfleet? Everyone who will be exposed to the amount we need at this wavelength will be sunburned, but there should not be enough exposure to cause worse then that.

McLaren/Ross/Hael: ?

Rodrega: Now, with a lot of scientific equipment damaged, what does the mighty Starfleet have that can help with this?

McLaren/Ross/Hael: ?

Rodrega: Lets get to it, then.

McLaren/Ross/Hael: ?