LT JG Sheila Bailey - Wings In Space (NT)

Aly Drolet

Jul 12, 2020, 6:36:54 PM7/12/20
to sb11...@googlegroups.com

【Princessemagic】 Noble Maiden Fair (A Mhaighdean Bhan) ENGLISH [Brave]

Noble Maiden Fair | a cover with my mum

((Holodeck - Starbase 118))

Sheila was still deciding on what would be best for her mental recovery. Getting a service dog was becoming top of her list but she still felt like she had to explore all other ideas. With a service dog she still had to learn how to calm her mind. It was true that the service dog could perform tasks that would make her feel safe. Alert to nervous behavior, apply pressure when needed by laying on her, standing in front of her to give her space from others. Nothing about that would fix her way of thinking though.

All this in mind Sheila had decided to take today for herself. No work in sickbay, no meating with friends. It was not going to be perfect but it was going to be a step. A step towards what, It wasn’t clear. But Sheila was sure in her heart that all would work out.

For today Sheila was going to spend sometime in the holodeck. She had thought that maybe calling up one of her least used programs would calm her; No tongo today. What she had in her brain was spending some time in her therapy pool program. Swimming, floating in the water always calmed her down. The view included. Outside the windows she could see the lush green tropical forests of Elaysia. Maybe she would go for a walk there.

Entering the program, in her wheelchair, Sheila found herself on the wooden deck that went around the pool, which was in the middle. Opposite of it, by the second long edge of the pool was the windows that lead outside.

I took a few minutes for her to take off her braces, leaving her only in her one piece swimsuit. Soon enough however she was able to get into the pool where she floated in the middle, limbs out. In her mind though she was floating in the middle of nothing. The water lifted a weight off of her shoulders, it’s warmth covering her like a thin blanket. The mind's eye told her she was like someone in a painting, painted among the stars, hair out, weightless behind her. She was swimming through space.

Bailey: A naeoidhean bhig, cluinn mo ghuth (Little baby, hear my voice)

Mise rid' thaobh, O mhaighdean bhan (I’m beside you, O maiden fair)

Ar righinn oig, fas as faic, (Our young landy, grow and see)

Do thir, dileas fhein. (Your land, your faithful land)

A ghrian a's a ghealaich, stuir sinn (Sun and moon guide us)

Gu uair ar cliu'sar gloire. (To the hour of your glory and honor)

Naoidhean bhig, ar righinn og (Little baby, our young landy)

Mhaighdean ua shaill bhan. (Noble maiden fair)

A naeoidhean bhig, cluinn mo ghuth (Little baby, hear my voice)

Mise rid' thaobh, O mhaighdean bhan (I’m beside you, O maiden fair)

Ar righinn oig, fas as faic, (Our young lady, grow and see)

Do thir, dileas fhein. (Your land, your own faithful land)

A ghrian a's a gheal-aich, stuir sinn (Sun and moon, guide us)

Gu uair ar cliu'sar gloire. (To the hour of your glory and honor)

Naoidhean bhig, ar righinn og (Little baby, our young lady)

Mhaighdean ua shaill bhan. (Noble maiden fair)

The song was a lullaby sung in the Elaysian language, which is similar to Earth Gaelic. The song Noble Maiden Fair came from her childhood as her mother used to sing it to her every night as she was growing up. Between 10-12 she started singing the song less and less. Now the song, rippling out through the water, ringing at the perfect pitch that could be felt throughout her body, she was reminded of happier times.

Once out of the pool, without even realizing she had programmed it into the program earlier, a dog that came up to somewhere between her waist and her hips came running out to her. It was grey in color, thin yet strong, ears pointed up. The creature was a classic style of Elaysian dog. This type was built almost as if it was a miniature version of a horse, built to run.

The dog on the other hand was ecstatic to see her. They had run up to her knocking her to the ground then licking her face. After a few minutes she figured she could test out the dog’s skills, test out what her future might be like.

Bailey: Hey, boy, think you could bring me my braces?

The dog’s head tilted to the side before they ran off. They came back dragging the braces with them. This earned them a scratch behind the ears as Sheila went about putting her braces back on. Sheila was even more glad that the dog stayed still when she went to push off it’s back as she stood up.

First it was like floating in space. The weightlessness of the water making her able to swim through the space imagined to her. Now walking, watching the dog race in front of her, had her feeling like a fairy. The garden of tropical plants, all native to Elaysia, consuming them. On Elaysia it always seemed that you could never escape plants, they were everywhere. Greens as well as pinks, oranges, yellows and blues filling every inch of her view.

Bailey: Computer. Adjust gravity to halfway between Earth and the Moon.

She wasn’t floating but instead able to move a bit freer. It truly was as if she had sprouted wings. Wings that allowed her to climb and hike through the dense jungle of trees, catching up to the holographic dog all before disappearing beyond the horizon.

Lieutenant JG Sheila Bailey

Medical Officer

Starbase 118 Ops

M239512BG0

"Ta-er al-Safar" - The Canary; "No woman should ever suffer at the hands of men" - (Quotes) Sara Lance; Legends Of Tomorrow