PNCP Shevon Sherlock - This and That

Aine Sherlock

Aug 31, 2022, 1:50:15 PM8/31/22
to sb11...@googlegroups.com
((Main Shuttlebay, USS Glenn

Though she hadn't seen it, she knew it was gone. The only home she'd ever known. The rickety little freighter known simply as 'The Delight' to her crew. The Captain, a full blooded Orion and the only father she'd ever known, dead. And two of her family, injured.

When they were transported off the Delight, the next thing Shevon saw was a large bay filled with numerous small craft. The bay was massive. Possibly having more internal space than the Delight. Various people with gold shouldered Starfleet uniforms began moving them off the transporter pad and organizing them. A short time later, more crewman, this time with blue shoulders showed up and began attending to the injured and checking over the rest.

She could only imagine what she looked like to them. A short statured light green skinned half Orion with her short cut bleach blonde hair a mess.

It wasn't even much longer after that when a woman wearing a grey shouldered uniform with a gold collar arrived. The difference in uniform kind of alarmed Shevon. Did it mean something different? The woman was about the same height as herself but with long black hair, about the same color as her own before she chose to go blonde, and bright green eyes. Again, not unlike her own save for hers were darker unless the light hit them right.

A. Sherlock: Miss ::long pause:: Sherlock?

S. Sherlock: Yeah, that's me.

She could tell the Starfleet officer was nervous about something.

A. Sherlock: Can you come with me? The Captain of the Glenn would like to ask you a couple of questions about what happened to your ship.

S. Sherlock: Are we in trouble?

The woman now gave her a curious look. Maybe that wasn't most people's normal train of thought.

A. Sherlock: N...no. Why would you think that? We just would like to know if this is a normal thing you've been seeing or if you know why they attacked your ship specifically.

Shevon meekly nodded as she agreed to come along. She wasn't the biggest fan of Starfleet. A lifelong merchant marine herself, she felt that the Fleet looked down upon people like her. People just trying to scrape by.

((Timeskip to a few minutes later))

The lift ride to the bridge was made in silence. The woman who'd been sent to fetch her seemed to walk and stand with confidence, but something about it, Shevon could tell was a false confidence. But she didn't dare ask what she was nervous about for she herself was nervous as hell. The woman led her into a conference room of sorts, much nicer than the mess hall on the Delight that doubled as a meeting room. Seated at one end of the long table were multiple people. Some in uniform, some not.

Monroe: Miss Sherlock, I presume?

Shevon just nodded and took the seat the woman had gestured to. The diminutive officer that fetched her sat across from her.

((assuming here, for simplicity's sake, Monroe has asked everyone their names and what they do.))

Monroe: Thank you for joining us. I'm sorry for the loss of your ship. We'd like to ask you a couple questions.

Shevon wondered if "a couple of questions" was a standard phrase they taught these people at the Academy. She nodded in agreement. The woman began by introducing everyone by name and gesturing to them.

Monroe: This is my acting First Officer Mel Martinson. Commander Diata. Engineers Egil Renot and Cat Vargas. Tactical Officer Aine Sherlock. And I'm Captain Monroe.

She snapped her eyes to the young woman across from her, the one with the same name as her. She was both stupefied and pissed. If they had the same name, how could she not mention it? Also, was this some sort of joke or game? What are the chances they had the same name?

Diata/Renot/Vargas: ?

Monroe: First, do you know why these pirates attacked your ship?

S. Sherlock: I'm sorry, but are we just going to ignore ::gesturing towards Aine:: THIS?

Monroe: We'll get to ::gesturing towards Aine:: THAT later.

The woman across from her rolled her eyes. Shevon was sure she was annoyed at being referred to as THIS and THAT.

S. Sherlock: They were after my father. They have been for some time.

Diata/Renot/Vargas: ?

((OOC: Do your worst!)

tags/TBC

Shevon Sherlock