Commodore Taybrim - To the Infirmary (Tags: Bailey/Maxwell/DeVeau/Vroche)

Jamie LeBlanc

Apr 16, 2021, 12:00:28 AM4/16/21
to SB118

(OOC – I will be breaking the trial into 2 groups to make tags more manageable for everyone.)

((Kl’tath Judicial Holding Area))

The gorgeous, sculpted visage of Kelemkor the beautiful was still lingering on the screen, while Sal tried to wipe the memories from his mind on all the horrific things the depraved cultist had done to get to the top.  In this case beauty was, in fact, only skin deep.

Li’otha: He is still registered as a Klingon citizen.  ::She frowned as she tried to dig up more information.::

Taybrim: He is half Rodulan.

Which meant there was a very good chance he was also a telepath.

DeVeau: Which means he very well be the one behind what you sense.

Sal opened his mouth to offer another thought and then paused as the hair on the back of his neck stood up and an electric crackle entered the room moments before a golden Klingon transporter hummed and deposited a small group.  Immediately Sheila slumped and Max sagged.

Sal twitched from his spot wanting to rush towards them, but staying at a diplomatic attention stance.

Vro’che:  It’s a *parade* from Starfleet these days.

So, that was the guard.  Sal had a small sense of déjà vu.  He was known to the cult, friendly, even if he wasn’t an actual cultist.  Without having it said Sal knew his name was Vro’che when it was stated aloud.  Someone to be careful of, even if he didn’t know the doctrines of Molor.

DeVeau: We should have access to them, and they need medical attention.

Vro’che:  I was ordered to *transport* them.  So here they are.  ::his eyes narrowing::  For their *trial*.  Not to hand them over to *you* lot.

Tatash was sizing up the room, and with the heavy guard the answer was clear – there was no getting out of this by force.  It had to be diplomacy

Tatash: We are not asking for their release. We are here to confirm they are accounted for and well.

Li’otha: ::Giving Vro’che a dim, unimpressed look.  She was never impressed by bullies.  Only strong brave warriors.:: The trial will start within the hour.  All must be in order.

Taybrim: Basic medical provisions are urgent as the defendants are to be on the stand within the next hour.

DeVeau: At the very least, we should be able to have access to them.  Again, they have a right to medical care.

Vro’che:  They’re in one piece.  ::He grinned, quite content with himself, his focus mostly on Sal.:: For the most part.  ::pausing::  If *only* they hadn’t *resisted.*

Sal turned, fixing Vro’che a calm, even dark stare.  Unimpressed, unruffled.

Of course he was worried about his crew, but he would not let this cruel jerk get the upper hand.

DeVeau: Regardless of whether they resisted or not, such treatment is unacceptable.

Tatash: This -will- be recorded and formally objected to. This risks a diplomatic incident.

Li’otha: Which I have already filed.

Li’otha reported to her house who had the favor of the Chancellor, and while that held a lot of weight in preserving the alliance between the Klingon empire and Starfleet Sal expressly did not want the Chancellor involved – the cult wanted to destabilize the Chancellor’s power by pitting the Chancellor’s alliance with Starfleet against the Empire.

Vro’che:  My men wanted to eat the beast.  Consider yourself lucky we weren’t hungry.  ::gruffly::  You will have to *leave* when their Advocate arrives.

 Bailey: ::Voice slightly muffled by Alistair’s fur:: Alistair is not for eating. He’s a protector. And besides he wouldn’t have tasted great anyway. Would have needed a jar of Mil lavender vanilla caramal (caramel vanilla lavender honey). ::Her last words were punctuated by a heavy Elaysian accent::

Maxwell/Vro’che: ?

DeVeau: They have the right not only to representation but proper medical care.  We will invoke that right.

Bailey: I do believe, too, that it states I have the right to be treated by a medical professional of my choice.

Li’othe: That has full legal precedent.

Maxwell/Vro’che: ?

DeVeau: If you deny that request, you will be in violation of the Khitomer accords.  Action can and will be taken.

Tatash: The embassy will hear of this. You can expect a stern, and I mean a really very cross, condemnation publicly of your actions.

Bailey: I highly doubt that intergalactic law will be on your side in this particular situation.

Tatash was playing his role perfectly, while Sal himself was staying quiet, absorbing information about the guards, this Vro’che, and the Klingons gathering against them.  Some were vaguely familiar from the memories shared by Ambassador Vanath.  Some were just there, just the unpleasant flotsam of the Empire.

Li’othe: And I can quote you that law should you need it. ::She said firmly.::

Maxwell/Vro’che: ?

DeVeau: And where is Janul?

That was a question that Sal very much wanted answered, too.

Maxwell/Vro’che: ?

Tatash: You’ve not seen him? Not at all?

Another Klingon entered the room, full of swagger and arrogance.  This one was unfamiliar to Sal by memory but familiar by basic reports.  This was Xalmuz, the prosecutor.

Not a cultist.  But an unpleasant personality as well

Xalmuz: The prisoners are to be moved. The trial is about to begin.

Tatash: The prisoners are still awaiting a medical assessment.

Bailey: I request a medical assessment. Or at least assistants before I’m willing to move.

Li’othe: If they are standing trial they must be healed before entering the council chambers.

Maxwell/Vro’che/Xalmuz: ?

Tatash: All of this is being recorded you know.\

Of anyone in the room only Xalmuz and Li’otha really had legal authority and Li’otha was going to press that.  She turned towards Xalmuz.

Li’othe: You want this trial to start in 57 keliticks, Xalmuz and you want it to be legitimate?  Then follow procedure.  Get a medic in here in the next 5 ticks or I’ll have you run out of court.

She rose to her full height, with a frightening look that said she would beat his head ridges in with a legal justice book if he needed.

Xalmuz: ?

Li’othe: Don’t try me.  ::She headed to the comm channel and turned it on.:: You’ll approve it or face an investigation of obstruction of justice.

Xalmuz: ?

Bailey: Alora, I could use a favor. I only really got one working arm. Not so useful when taking off my shoes. But they need to come off.

Deveau: ?

Bailey: It’s a buckle strap. A bit too fiddly for me right now.

DeVeau: ?

As Sheila spoke to Alora, Sal moved quietly towards Max and touched him on the shoulder.

Taybrim: ~Max, how are you doing?  Don’t speak, just think and I can hear you~

He knew that he could connect, the gratitude festival had proven that much.  And silence had relaxed the guards just enough to allow the touch.

Maxwell: ~?

Vroche: ?

Bailey: Alright. Next step is to actually stand. With my elbow still injured I can’t brace on Ali like I normally would so two of you are going to have to help pull me up while being careful of my injuries.

Sal turned towards Sheila and moved towards her with max by his side.

Taybrim: Of course.  Let us know when you are ready.

DeVeau/Maxwell/Vro’che: ?

Bailey: Ali, I need you to go hang with Alora, she’s going to watch out for you. ::To Max and Sal:: Alright. Best if you have one hand on my upper arm and the other on my lower. And be aware that my balance is going to be extremely terrible. I might pitch forward.

Taybrim: We have you, Sheila.  ::He said gently, using his body to be a stabilizing force for her to balance on.::

DeVeau/Maxwell/Vro’che: ?

Bailey: ::Directed more to the necessary Klingons in the room:: There. we can get going.

Li’otha turned towards the group, standing beside Xalmuz looking quietly satisfied.

Li’otha: alright, prisoners – you will stop at the Kl’tath infirmary for medical attention before attending the trial with Xalmuz and myself.  We will all travel together to the infirmary.  Then ::she contained a look of disgust.:: Vro’che will escort the witness and his entourage to the High Council chamber.  And once the prisoners are healed they will travel with Xalmuz and I.

Xalmuz: ?

DeVeau/Maxwell/Vro’che: ?

The travel to the infirmary was slow due to injury and unpleasant due to the guards flanking them.

Tatash: Ah, I think we are almost there. Thankfully.

Sal was walking especially slowly and carefully to support Sheila and Max both.  It was the least he could do since they were on the stand in his stead, something that ran him through with concern and guilt.

Fortunately inside the infirmary were three well trained nurses.  One full Klingon, one half-Klingon and one Vulcan from the Starfleet Embassy.  They had no connection to the cult or the drama unfolding, they were simply willing to help heal.

Despite the guards unpleasant looks, it was the thing that would allow the trial to go forward.

Sal turned to Sheila and Max, frustrated that they had such little time together before they were forced apart again and he reached out towards them both.

Taybrim: Stay safe.  I’ll see you both in the High Council chamber.

Maxwell/Bailey: ?

DeVeau/Xalmuz/Vro’che: ?

~*~
tags/tbc
~*~
OOC - In my next sim we will skip Taybrim, Tatash, DeVeau and Vro'Che to the High Council chambers.
Please assume Max and Sheila get the medical attention they need.  You may backsim this if you like, but either I as Li'otha or Alora as Xalmuz will skip the group to the trial where Janul will meet them in the High Council chamber.
We will make the narration of this jump as clear as possible, but please let me know if you have any questions
~*~
Commodore Sal Taybrim
Commanding officer
StarBase 118 Ops

"Why do we fly? Because we have dreamt of it for so long that we must"

~Julian Beck

E239010ST0