Lt. Blackwell: Options, options, options

T M

Apr 14, 2021, 6:05:35 PM4/14/21
to sb11...@googlegroups.com

(( Serenity - Main Bridge ))

There was something to be said about having to make completely new plans on the fly - Rue wasn’t quite sure what that was, but she was certain it started with an explicative.

All the same, she waited for Zel to focus on his conversation, and to get information that they needed to move forward.

McLaren: ?

He looked up, casting his gaze between Izzy and Sol.

Zel: Okay, Gravzenko of House Pla’noth is providing the feast.  Deliveries are going to lower dock 4.

Blackwell: Can we get past the guard? ::She tilted her head::

McLaren/Blackwell: ?

Zel: ::He shook his head:: No, there’s a security check at the unloading dock that no amount of lying will get us past.  ::he pulled up a schematic on the main viewscreen.:: You either have clearance or you don’t – and we don’t.  But… ::If there was one thing that Zel was very good at, it was finding every entrance and exit to a room.:: there’s three ways out.  One, the conveyor belt for the goods leads straight to the kitchens.  ::he highlighted it.:: Two, there’s a ventilation shaft that goes a few dozen different places. ::Also highlighted:: And three, there’s a waste disposal system that leads to a main hub. ::the third highlight.::

Blackwell: Hm. ::She moved over to look at the schematic::

McLaren:?

Zel: Well, the considerations for the conveyor belt is: its fully scanned and in the open.  But a straight safe route if you’re not vaporized for being illegal cargo.  The considerations for the ventilation system are: It’s six meters above the ground (20 feet) and secured by several spaced security fields.  The considerations for the waste disposal system are it’s difficult to navigate – and in difficult read mostly vertical with a lot of falling, and one wrong move and you’ll end up in an incinerator.

She chuckled a bit - each one had it’s pros, and it is very big cons.

Zel: Any preference to which one we go for?

Blackwell: I am thinking of the option that does not include the chance for incineration or the vaporizing.

McLaren: ?

Blackwell: I’m boring like that ::she said with some light humor:: I’m thinking we can simply plug into the sensors in the shaft - and with some rope, and a bit of luck, get to the right place. Can you map it out? ::She glanced to Zel, and then looked to Mclaren for confirmation::

Mclaren: ?

--

Lt. Prudence Blackwell

Comms/Ops