Lieutenant JG Tito: Intelligence on Ice

Bruno Abreu

Nov 26, 2022, 5:59:35 PM11/26/22
to StarBase 118 Ops a Star Trek PBEM RPG

OOC: Sorry for the delay, starting to recover enough to finish and post.

IC:

((USS Narendra, holodeck))

Tito walked to the now formed “curling ring” that they reprogrammed. He expected it to be colder, but it was quite pleasant. Cold but not uncomfortable. He picked up one of the brooms, although it looked more like a mop, then a broom.
It was fairly light weight and he turned to the others.

Tito:  Remember to say sweep.

Trovek: Got it.

Foster: And yell ‘whoah’ if you want us to stop.

He looked at her and shrugged as if to say ‘I don’t know why it is “whoah” and not stop.  It just is.’

Blackwell: Sweep. Right. Meanwhile … ::And she moved out on the ice, sliding across, arms out to steady her, with a wide grin on her face, feeling the chilled air around her, and breathing it in for a moment - when she slowed to a stop, she pushed her self back towards the group with the broom:: Just had to.

Wyn slid out onto the ice with a sure-footed ease.  His antennae uncurled and enjoyed the cool air.  He cracked a half smile at Rue.

Foster: You’re good.

Tito made his way inside the ring, slowly walking so he wouldn’t lose balance.
He was actually surprised that his shoes did give him more grip than he expected.
Lowering his mop he smiled.

Tito: Ready when you are.

Blackwell: Okay, I am ready.  Game face on :Her expression became jokingly solemn, a picture of concentration, until she relaxed it with a smile::

Trovek: Okay team. ::she grinned:: I don’t want to see failure. Do not disappoint me.

Foster: No failure.  Got it.

Tito: No disappointment also.

Blackwell: Of course, Fearless leader, we’ll make you proud ::She winked to Trovek, and looked to Tito and Foster::

Tito shrugged and set up the mop he waited for the stone to be in motion, as he then frantically moped the ice, making it gain momentum.

Trovek: Mop Faster! Come on! ::pause:: No! Stop! It’s going too far!

Following Arys instructions shouted from the back with Blackwell sliding by his side

Tito: This doesn’t have breaks you know.

Blackwell: I…seem to have veered of course.

Their rock hit one of the other team, but not enough to clear it out of the targets.

Trovek: Disappointing. ::she shook her head::

Foster: I mean this is a practice round.  None of us have ever done this before.  So we can keep trying before we would keep score.

Blackwell:  ::She pushed back towards starting point, nudging the stone with her:: Admittedly, Ice skating isn’t my forte.

Tito slowly joined skid to them.

Tito: I actually think it went better than expected

Trovek: ?

Blackwell: There is a first time for everything, and can’t learn without a couple of mistakes ::amicably commenting as she got back into position::

Tito: I agree.

Trovek: ?

Foster: ok, My advice it – to start, get used to walking on the ice with the shoes.  Back and forth a few times.  Then let’s do a few more practice shots.

Tito nodded and even if he had managed to get a good balance and not fall down he looked as Foster demonstrated.

Trovek/Blackwell: ?

Foster: You want me to push you?  ::he offered to the pokiest teammate with a grin.::

Trovek/Blackwell: ?

Tito: Well I certainly don’t need a push. I am reasonably balanced.

Foster: Alright, let’s try this.  I’ll throw the stone and you just try to skate alongside it.  Just keep pace.  We’ll add the mops later.

Tito: I am up for that.

Trovek/Blackwell: ?

Foster grinned at the question

Foster: I don’t know, are YOU having fun?

Tito grinned back and raised his thumbs up.

Tito: Surprisingly I am. Now throw it so we can keep up. The idea is to keep up right?

Foster/Trovek/Blackwell: ?

As the stone slowly skidded at the ice surface he took balance and quickly overcome Arys and Blackwell.

Tito: We are supposed to follow the stone, not stay behind it.

Foster/Trovek/Blackwell: ?

Getting a bit cocky Tito speeded up and went all the way around the target on the opposite side, and in a sweeping move picked up his mop, heading now towards Arys, Blackwell and the stone.

Tito: Incoming.

Foster/Trovek/Blackwell: ?

Tito smiled and nudged between them as he set his sight on Foster, now fully displaying his newly found ice skating talents. Passing just inches away from Foster he began to slow down with his heel.

Tito: I appear to navigate better in ice than in the air.

Foster/Trovek/Blackwell: ?

TAG/TBC

Lt. J. G. Vitor R.S.Tito
Intelligence Officer