Lt. Blackwell - Back on Task

T M

May 31, 2023, 8:24:35 PM5/31/23
to Starbase118

((Bridge, USS Rahuba))

Explosions and shockwaves were impressive -

When viewed from afar.

When up close however - they were absolutely terrifying.

Attempting to escape a shockwave was a harrowing, terrifying task where one small thing could make everything go wrong- where a miscalculation could rend a ship into debris.

That was not going to happen. Not on her watch. As she veered the ship away from the explosion, angling it so that they could ride rather than fight the shock wave, it gave them some buffer. In the end, it was thankfully not as severe as it could have been, and after some tense moments, they could get back to business.

DeVeau: Report.

Blackwell: We are out of the wave, no damage. All systems functioning.

Renot: ?

Which meant not only were they not dead in the water, they were more able to be useful.

DeVeau: And the evacuees?  All accounted for?

Blackwell:::She didn’t answer until she had the computer check again, and then nodded:: Yes.

Renot: ?

DeVeau: All right, let’s go back *again* and finally finish what they

started.  Rue, set a course.  Renot, inform people that we’re going to

get the last of the evacuees off of Miranda, and then we’re going home.

She was ready to be done.

Blackwell: Acknowledged, Commander ::And she went right to work - getting them back to Miranda. While they all focused on being able to do what they needed, she glanced to Renot now and again over her shoulder.::

Hopefully he was not kicking himself too hard over what had happened. But in the end, she would need to talk to him - but that would have to be later. Meanwhile, she focused on finishing up the evacuations, and getting them home for a well deserved leave.

Renot: ?

End Scene: Rue

--

Lt. Prudence Blackwell