PNPC Captain Kaskis - Aid from the Field (NT/FAO Bridge)

armiece

Apr 16, 2021, 5:23:22 AM4/16/21
to StarBase 118 Ops a Star Trek PBEM RPG
((IKS Shuttlecraft ‘NguvmoH’))

The shuttle was small, cramped, and old, its interior repainted many times over and yet, somehow, not enough. Kaskis sat in the pilot’s seat, the rest of the shuttle’s body lined with a simple pair of benchseats. On the closest one sat her husband T’Dok, a beast of a man who seemed nearly too large for the space. He was silent, expression curled to a scowl. He wasn’t pleased to be helping the Federation.

Too bad for him - he wasn’t in charge.

The USS Narendra was a silver streak in the starspace, floating along gently above the planet below. Cute little thing, she thought. It looked like something from her forefather's day, when the Federation was painting their ships white. She drifted closer, hidden in a cloak, watching the minefield. The mines didn’t respond to her shuttle, allowing her to fly between them - albeit very, very carefully.

Kaskis: Tch. Minefield.

T’Dok stood up at that, coming to look over her shoulder.

T’Dok: Bold. ::He hissed.:: To bring such cowardly tactics to the homeworld...

Kaskis smiled slightly at his growling.

Kaskis: You can rip them to shreds soon, husband. Let my cousin and his allies bring them to you.

She brought the shuttle to a full stop, close enough to scan the Narendra at close range. Nothing seemed wrong with it. She punched the comms, sending a hail.

Kaskis: =/\= Nu-qneH, USS Narendra. It appears you’ve strayed into a bit of trouble. =/\=

Dal: ?

Of course - usual Starfleet greeting. Still capable of slipping back into cover if needed, she looked at the ship. If it was the same one Taybrim had been on board of last time...interesting.

Kaskis: Hm. If we’re lucky, Tselu is with them.

That got another growl from T’Dok, who sat down on the back seat again, folding his arms across his chest.

T’Dok: Lucky? ::He huffed.:: We’ll see.

Well, there was one way to know - even if it didn’t prove anything, she opened the commline again, smiling as she asked her own question instead of answering Dal.::

Kaskis: =/\= Tell me - just how did you get here? =/\=

There was a lengthy pause. No doubt they were unsure what to do; the question was how long it’d take for them to either demand her name again or give her an answer.

But instead of a lengthy announcement about how the ship was there on Starfleet business, the curt man said the correct thing. Good - meant they were her cousin’s friends after all. She relaxed by a few inches, then.

Kaskis: =/\= Life so often requires it, my friend. =/\= There was the briefest pause, then =/\= This is Huntress Kaskis Ril of the IKS Qulp’law. My cousin sends his regards - and his aid. I would like come to board. =/\=

Kaskis Ril
Huntress and Captain,
IKS Qulp’law

As played by